sharetrader
Page 52 of 150 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

My message was meant toc be a reply to the above but the heat is doing funny things to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Balance says...

WDT is spelled 'DOG'.

Far to fine a word Balance for a complete MONGREL !!.. Had shares in this company when it came out of an Hydraulic Fittings company..

So long ago that I am unable to even pinpoint the era.. sold them off for about 6 cents.. or was it pence ??

What is the saying that P. T. Barnum is famous for ??.. and it ain't ROLL UP..ROLL UP..

WDT was a dog. Lost plenty of money myself but just having another look now to see if putting a little more money in might make sense. I think to do so now would be premature but I am looking forward to their next report. The new management and approach may turn this ship around...

still losing money ... at least they now sell things for more than the cost of the bits and pieces that go into them .... thats progress ...... but margins still a long way off from covering all the other costs

graeme spelt backwards ........ i sense a great level of excitment emantating from your direction ..... keep it under control mate

liz -- your morbid fascination with wdt going to make you do another detailed analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    still losing money ... at least they now sell things for more than the cost of the bits and pieces that go into them .. thats progress .. but margins still a long way off from covering all the other costs ...
    While it may be pleasing to see the loss is about halved this year's result still means millions of dollars lost are still increasing the by now huge amount of money lost.
    There must be a correspondingly long long time before any profits, so far not happening, will have to happen for before dividends might become reasonably possible.
    So must agree with W69's comments. Gentlemen, please hold on to your wallets !

Quote Originally Posted by sharer View Post
    While it may be pleasing to see the loss is about halved this year's result still means millions of dollars lost are still increasing the by now huge amount of money lost.
    There must be a correspondingly long long time before any profits, so far not happening, will have to happen for before dividends might become reasonably possible.
    So must agree with W69's comments. Gentlemen, please hold on to your wallets !
    retained earnings / accumulated losses now $99m .... i am sure they tried their best to break the $100m mark

Sorry .... $99,006,000 to be exact

New CEO, big drop in reported loss, talking another decline in loss this year and B/e next year. Sure they have to deliver but in reading the report they have done a lot to improve the situation in the last 12 months.

Remember its the companies that have been dogs and then get new management that sometimes provide investors with the best returns....look at Skellerup, Hellabys as examples.

Yes I have been a holder for some time but when I read this years report it does have a refreshing tone to it that has not be evident in the past. Rather than promising, they actually review what they said they would do and how they have done, before detailing the path for the next 12 months.
    Last edited by Anna Naum; 28-02-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    graeme spelt backwards ........ i sense a great level of excitment emantating from your direction ..... keep it under control mate
    Don't worry I'm completely under control. I have no intention of buying any more shares in WDT at this point. It is good to see the situation improving though. This is what we were promised, and with the new people in charge the promises are being delivered upon.

The big question of course is can they keep improving the situation to the point where a profit is produced? At that point it will be worth thinking about.

And then we will want to see the situation improve to the point where the profit is large enough to justify having more money invested.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Naum View Post
    New CEO, big drop in reported loss, talking another decline in loss this year and B/e next year. Sure they have to deliver but in reading the report they have done a lot to improve the situation in the last 12 months.

Remember its the companies that have been dogs and then get new management that sometimes provide investors with the best returns....look at Skellerup, Hellabys as examples.

Yes I have been a holder for some time but when I read this years report it does have a refreshing tone to it that has not be evident in the past. Rather than promising, they actually review what they said they would do and how they have done, before detailing the path for the next 12 months.
    Well that would be great to see wdt become a profitable company.Have watched it now and again after selling out about 20 or more years ago. Maybe I sold too soon.!!!! lol.
    Last edited by percy; 28-02-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Snrs.
    Life afyer green will be good

Share Collector

I finally got around to reading the report.

While I agree that current management provide new hope that WDT may one day be profitable, it really is still a tough picture. It feels like about the 4th consecutive report where WDT have suggested they would be profitable "the year after this one"... still a pretty wobbly mirage on the horizon. Improving margins at the expense of sales is a fairly short term strategy if it still doesn't result in profits.

The problem for this year is that they will no longer be freeing up working capital from inventory reduction. So back to scraping around for cash and likely to burn through at least $5m based on their forecasts - maybe worse if they need to further increase working capital to support sales growth (although, as I read note 2, they either are or will be using debtor factoring to reduce working capital). Either way, yet more dilution to come - possibly through the strategic partner they are still seeking. At current market cap, they seem unlikely to get enough funding without substantial dilution requiring shareholder approval - maybe 50% more shares?

Another tough year.