sharetrader
Page 60 of 150 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Only time will tell.
    For me the positive thing has been the management change and with that the results to back up considerable improvement in the last year.
    I'm glad Balance you at least see them wandering in the wilderness which is better than being dead I guess!

While I understand the need to know of the past and to have consideration for it....the last 18 months really has been about change at WDT. As Flugenbear mentions it is yet to result on a meaningful profit number but the new CEO, Greg Allen is yet to not deliver on what he has stated he will do....he missed GP % by a couple of months....I can forgive him that.

He now says 25% GP in 2014, ICS begins its rollout and he will break even in 2014. Interesting times if he can continue to deliver and his CV suggests that is what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Naum View Post
    While I understand the need to know of the past and to have consideration for it....the last 18 months really has been about change at WDT. As Flugenbear mentions it is yet to result on a meaningful profit number but the new CEO, Greg Allen is yet to not deliver on what he has stated he will do....he missed GP % by a couple of months....I can forgive him that.

He now says 25% GP in 2014, ICS begins its rollout and he will break even in 2014. Interesting times if he can continue to deliver and his CV suggests that is what he does.
    Snr Green was the start but not as good to control - new managers will do good.

.....GROSS MARGINS HAVE BEEN IMPROVING NOW FOR 3YRS RUNNING. 2011, UP 5%. 2012 UP 14%. Q1 2013 UP 16.8%. OVERALL REVENUE GROWTH FOR 2012 UP 2%. OPERATING COSTS DOWN FROM 16.3M TO 11.7M. EBITA 2012 LOSS REDUCED FROM 12.0M TO 4.1M........ie NET LOSS REDUCED BY A WHOPPING $8.1M

IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT TALK ANYMORE..........IT'S RIGHT THERE IN THE SUPPORTING NUMBERS........DISREGARD THEM AT YOUR PERIL ALL YOU NON-BELIEVERS.!!!
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    .....GROSS MARGINS HAVE BEEN IMPROVING NOW FOR 3YRS RUNNING. 2011, UP 5%. 2012 UP 14%. Q1 2013 UP 16.8%. OVERALL REVENUE GROWTH FOR 2012 UP 2%. OPERATING COSTS DOWN FROM 16.3M TO 11.7M. EBITA 2012 LOSS REDUCED FROM 12.0M TO 4.1M........ie NET LOSS REDUCED BY A WHOPPING $8.1M

IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT TALK ANYMORE..........IT'S RIGHT THERE IN THE SUPPORTING NUMBERS........DISREGARD THEM AT YOUR PERIL ALL YOU NON-BELIEVERS.!!!
    So this is a company that after a decade in business could get to the point (next year) where they are breaking even and will be able to pay wages and directors fees out of revenue rather than having to keep coming back to the shareholders to put more money in? That's fantastic! Where can I sign up? As a director I mean. Any non-listed business like this would have gone to the wall years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Ewing View Post
    So this is a company that after a decade in business could get to the point (next year) where they are breaking even and will be able to pay wages and directors fees out of revenue rather than having to keep coming back to the shareholders to put more money in? That's fantastic! Where can I sign up? As a director I mean. Any non-listed business like this would have gone to the wall years ago.

.......IM PICKING YOR'E A "NON-BELIEVER" JR??? (LOL).........hey bro' every company has it's day. All Im saying (suggesting) is.....keep a good eye on this one. Im happy to buy in at the current SP and sit back and watch what happens. GP target for 2013 is set at 18-20%, so a good start already to the year (16.8%) AND loss reduced to A TARGET under $3m. Could well be the turnaround story over the next couple of years.
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    .......IM PICKING YOR'E A "NON-BELIEVER" JR??? (LOL).........hey bro' every company has it's day. All Im saying (suggesting) is.....keep a good eye on this one. Im happy to buy in at the current SP and sit back and watch what happens. GP target for 2013 is set at 18-20%, so a good start already to the year (16.8%) AND loss reduced to A TARGET under $3m. Could well be the turnaround story over the next couple of years.
    I am a non-believer and haven't put any money in this myself. It seems somewhat strange that a company can continue in business for so long racking up losses, with no real growth. Maybe the new CEO can turn it around and make a commercial return. But the length of time before making the first profits would not have been sustainable without the access to new capital over the years. Shareholders put their money in, then either get diluted into insignificance or keep having to pump in more cash to keep WDT afloat. I doubt that such a model could work in a non-listed company, where there would be the necessity to deliver profits within a reasonable time or the company would fold.

Quote Originally Posted by j r ewing View Post
    i am a non-believer and haven't put any money in this myself. It seems somewhat strange that a company can continue in business for so long racking up losses, with no real growth. Maybe the new ceo can turn it around and make a commercial return. But the length of time before making the first profits would not have been sustainable without the access to new capital over the years. Shareholders put their money in, then either get diluted into insignificance or keep having to pump in more cash to keep wdt afloat. I doubt that such a model could work in a non-listed company, where there would be the necessity to deliver profits within a reasonable time or the company would fold.

totally agree.
    Have a Gr8day.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by J R Ewing View Post
    I am a non-believer and haven't put any money in this myself. It seems somewhat strange that a company can continue in business for so long racking up losses, with no real growth. Maybe the new CEO can turn it around and make a commercial return. But the length of time before making the first profits would not have been sustainable without the access to new capital over the years. Shareholders put their money in, then either get diluted into insignificance or keep having to pump in more cash to keep WDT afloat. I doubt that such a model could work in a non-listed company, where there would be the necessity to deliver profits within a reasonable time or the company would fold.
    Its all part of The Greatest Magic Show On Earth. What you didn't see their hand go into your pocket???????????
    h2

RECENT MEDIA RELEASE WDT

FURTHER BOARD CHANGES TO CREATE THE "NEW WELLINGTON".....( as it's referred to now)

27 May 2013
    Media Release
    For Immediate Release
    Wellington appoints new Director
    Wellington Drive Technologies Ltd (WDT) is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr
    Lisbeth Jacobs as a non-executive director of WDT with effect from 27 May 2013.
    Dr Jacobs, a native of Belgium, holds a PhD in Materials Engineering from the University of
    Auckland and a Master of Science in Materials Engineering from Katholieke Universiteit
    Leuven, Belgium, where she also completeda post graduate degree in Business Studies.
    Dr Jacobs has completed the Executive General Management programme atCEDEP-
    INSEAD, France and is currentlyDirector International at The Icehouse, following a 13 year
    career with Belgian corporate Bekaert, a world market and technology leader in steel wire
    transformation and coatings. She is also a member of the Auckland Uniservices Physical
    Sciences Investment Committee.
    Wellington Chairman Tony Nowell said he was delighted to have attracted someone ofthe
    calibre of Dr Jacobs to join the WDT board, as part of the previously announced board
    refreshment process.
    “Dr Jacobs has strong research and development credentials and excellent corporate
    experience in markets and technologies not dissimilar to those of Wellington Drive.
    “She bringsvaluable experience ofChinaoperations,of project managing global strategy and
    business development, and of global selection and recruitment. We have no doubt that Dr
    Jacobs will add considerably to our governance of strategy, innovation and in-market
    execution.”
    Dr Jacobs is considered by the board to be an independent director for the purposes of Listing
    Rule 3.3.2
    Tony Nowell
    Chairman
    Mobile: +6421488-895
    E-mail:Tony.Nowell@wdtl.com
    Have a Gr8day.