sharetrader
Page 4 of 150 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Question

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    You could call WDT speculative, but you most certainly could not call it a dog. You could say it was expensive, but who knows, that is afterall just a matter of opinion. There does seem to be plenty of investors willing to pay well north of 30c. Me, I think this is a great little Kiwi company that is just starting to wind-up. Zigzag is willing to give it a go!
    I'm prepared to call it a dog because that is how it has performed. I've watched it quite closely since Jan 2005 & done some research. Result is I didn't buy. If I had bought and then sold rather than taken up the rights issues my annualised return would have been minus 13.5%
    Maybe it won't be a dog sometime in the future? Currently it is speculative as you state. Looking from a fundy viewpoint they are making little progress. I'll keep watching and may climb aboard when/if profitability, margins, ps ratios etc show that there is more than hype there.

Advanced Member

Default Another Cock-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    Closed at 37c. Phaedrus - what do you make of this, given that you suggested earlier that a close of 36c could be significant? Thoughts appreciated.
    Nigel, I don't know what I was talking about. WDT has essentially been going sideways in a trading range all this year (plus last year, really). There is little point in looking for, or commenting on, trends lying within this trading range. If you have made an entry just above a recent support level, you have done as much as you can to profit from this stock.

Not to worry Phaedrus Your efforts are much appreciated as always. WDT attracted me because I have a tendency to let Green concepts sway me like saving electricity. In the water crisis back in 92 30s showers were achieved in our household! Anyway I can't see electricity getting cheaper and the shift to "green" might just make me a profit with WDT one day. I'm also stoically an NZ supporter and can't resist backing NZ companies with something special if the price is right. Appreciate your comments
    glennj and can't help but agree its a dog looking at the charts but you obviously see potential or you wouldn't track it. I wonder if I'll see a profit as some overseas manufacturer will see this and snap it up before it reaches critical mass.

Advanced Member

I would go a stage further than SectorSurfa and say that WDT have a policy of pushing misinformation to the media in the form of "breakthroughs" that invariably turn into fizzers. Our HB Today carried a story of quite a few inches about a breakthrough that was exactly the same message that they have been flogging for years - since Strathmore dumped the company on its shareholders nearly seven years ago. It ran up around 70cps for a time then.

Default Woof woof

Every dog has its day.

Phaedrus, did you adjust your graph for the cash issue in Nov 05? I suspect not. 1:4, I think it may have been at 10c, but I'm not sure.

Glennj, going back to your example, presumably you wouldn't have bought in Jan 05 when it started a down trend. If you'd instead bought in late 05 when it got into an uptrend you'd now be sitting on a gain of about 50% if you were still holding. You may have even bailed a year ago for the same gain.

Advanced Member

Default Correction

Thanks KoOE, not another one! I have made the 4 cent correction and here is the amended chart. Not much different, but worth fixing eh?

Advanced Member

Once again this dog brings home a bone to the press assn or whoever and they pat his head and show everyone the bone! Last nights HB Today has quarter of a page and a large photograph devoted to the company and their breakthrough into the US market and the huge increase in production that will be needed etc. Surely this is fraud or dishonesty of one sort or another?

Hi Belgarion

No, I'm not holding at the moment. Still keeping an eye on this one though - pleased to see quite a few people are still very positive about it.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Last nights HB Today has quarter of a page and a large photograph devoted to the company and their breakthrough into the US market and the huge increase in production that will be needed etc. Surely this is fraud or dishonesty of one sort or another?
    How is this "fraud or dishonesty? Of course Ross Green is going to publicise what he sees as a major breakthrough for WDT. Isn't that part of his job? Their recent capital raising was set at 10c, around a quarter of the then SP. Normally companies milk their shareholders when the SP is high. Is it odd that WDT didn't? Maybe, but is it fraud or dishonesty? I think not.