sharetrader
Page 93 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Well, I'm certainly not saying that WDT is, or is not, going anywhere - time will show that. But I think the current CEO agreed with you when he arrived (or so it seemed to me), which is why he changed the company to be totally customer-focused and is now going for profit based on being a good company to deal with on all fronts.

The electricity cost of running endless store freezers is hardly chickenfeed, which is WDT's first selling point. Now add in a strong customer support team, price competitiveness, and now extras like remote monitoring and promotion beacons. I'm guessing that smartphone in-store promotions are a big thing for the future, just as I'm guessing that THL's togo app is going to draw in a lot of revenue too. But nobody knows that and only time will tell.

But as to what WDT offers that is special? I would have said it was the total customer focus which has become their hallmark (to judge by the company reports). People love dealing with companies that are genuinely on their side. My view anyway. I never claim to be right.

Caution: The information on which this post is based is several years old and may no longer be correct.

The engine room of any refrigeration unit is the compressor. My understanding is the WDT refrigerator management package controls functions such as the air circulation fan and peripheral stuff but not the compressor motor.

The lack of any oversight of the compressor function is a weakness.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

They were talking about high performance special things in this Annual Report

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/...F6A74CD5868202
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

Not an encouraging news for holders.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/332561

Sounds like they were already expecting this news and was already factored into their forecast. IMO moving away from low-profit high volume is a good move.

Guru

I wonder how big the order was that we missed out on and were there other tails which could have followed from it ?

Outside thinking.

Good progress reported and inching into profitability.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/333158

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Good progress reported and inching into profitability.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/333158
    Market likes it and at .25 the highest sale since July 2017, can they build from here, looks to me that they are getting their sales right at last .

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Market likes it and at .25 the highest sale since July 2017, can they build from here, looks to me that they are getting their sales right at last .
    Im picking a short term close today @ .30 until there is a rerating by insto etc.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Yep, it's becoming a nice turnaround story.

I like;
    - A broad based International client and sales base.
    - Not so reliant on selling just widgets (motors,) but increasing revenue from iot, data and recurring regular monthly revenue from smart devices.
    - increased margins
    - Not overstating the future. This comment by the CEO is both modest and v encouraging; " Our new business development funnel is very active; however due to the lead-time on hiring new growth-related skills we are prioritising existing customer growth projects. We do expect the first half of the year to be stronger than 2018 in both revenue and margin, with the second half still unclear and potentially weaker – hence we are maintaining previous guidance”.

Disc - Hold