sharetrader
Page 104 of 150 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1492
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Flugenbear View Post
    Good question Jonu. Who knows. Personally I see the current share price being about right. Just because of the unknowns. Will Companies defer capital spending on energy efficiency because of the coming recession? I say yes. I see sales drying up big time and receivables taking awhile to receive! My guess is they will need to raise capital within a few months, probably through a share purchase.
    Me says 10-12 cents is currently a fair price.
    Don't forget their sales are spread far and wide so coming out from level 4 to 3 to 2 will have only limited short term impact. The bigger question will be how deep and long will this world wide recession be.
    Deep and long are very real realities, and I am not sure investors have accepted that yet.
    Pushing 12c now my furry friend. Very promising news out of the US regarding a successful treatment for Covid-19, with wider test results due in April. If they have cracked it the tail of this recession will be short, with even tourism opening again as soon as the drug is widely available. In this scenario I see WDT back to pretty much normal, which could be 17-20c range. Call me an optimist but I reckon its on the cards!

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Pushing 12c now my furry friend. Very promising news out of the US regarding a successful treatment for Covid-19, with wider test results due in April. If they have cracked it the tail of this recession will be short, with even tourism opening again as soon as the drug is widely available. In this scenario I see WDT back to pretty much normal, which could be 17-20c range. Call me an optimist but I reckon its on the cards!
    Jonu, you're an optimist.
    But I would sure as hell love your optimism to become reality!
    I really don't hold out a lot of hope the treatment being tested (Remdesivir) will have a huge impact. It's already an approved antiviral, was used during SARS, MERS ebola a bit. It could save lives, but it won't save us from a deep recession.

Guru

Not always an accurate indicator..but the sell side is drying up beautifully. Some large leg ups a strong possibility from here.

Not always an accurate indicator..but the sell side is drying up beautifully. Some large leg ups a strong possibility from here.
    I saw this too, but it has reversed now, only a few hundred dollars would need to be sold to send it back to the 11c range. I wonder... if the issues with NZX sell orders going through caused the depth to look falsely stacked on the buy side? Some serious sell depth now (over 25k) at 13 c

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius View Post
    I saw this too, but it has reversed now, only a few hundred dollars would need to be sold to send it back to the 11c range. I wonder... if the issues with NZX sell orders going through caused the depth to look falsely stacked on the buy side? Some serious sell depth now (over 25k) at 13 c
    Depth is extremely misleading unfortunately. In some instances I've seen it been clearly manipulated by algos that react to your buying or selling almost instantly too. I try my best to ignore it now. Although I am out of WDT for now.

I think long-term WDT will be okay given their customers aren't small fries in the industry. Currently a little hurdle though which may offset the long-term IoT growth story underpinning WDT's precoronovirus success despite the shareprice making it appear like a dog stock which I don't actually think it is.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Depth is extremely misleading unfortunately. In some instances I've seen it been clearly manipulated by algos that react to your buying or selling almost instantly too. I try my best to ignore it now. Although I am out of WDT for now.

I think long-term WDT will be okay given their customers aren't small fries in the industry. Currently a little hurdle though which may offset the long-term IoT growth story underpinning WDT's precoronovirus success despite the shareprice making it appear like a dog stock which I don't actually think it is.
    Depth can be misleading, the charts less so. WDT has been in an upward trend since the last week of March and passed through the 30 day MA at 11c.

..... from memory EAST WEST CORPORATION paid around 26c for their holding (quite a large chunk)....and that was a fews years back before things turned the corner and solid gains started flowing through to the bottom line.

Depth can be misleading, the charts less so. WDT has been in an upward trend since the last week of March and passed through the 30 day MA at 11c.
    Fair but volumes aren’t exactly large. It’s difficult to put a valuation on WDT because it’s never been profitable bar what it achieved FY19 but even so the revenues and potential growth probably warrant a sp over the current price or 0.090 which it was a week to so ago

We were talking about potential for WDT over 20 years ago when it was on the NZX grey market. Still not realsed its potential, millions and millions of share watering down later. Very little potential now, with so many companies with similar products. Plus I dont know what happened since but I dont believe they even own the patent for their product. Pay all the costs though.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Fair but volumes aren’t exactly large. It’s difficult to put a valuation on WDT because it’s never been profitable bar what it achieved FY19 but even so the revenues and potential growth probably warrant a sp over the current price or 0.090 which it was a week to so ago
    It also dropped on a very small percentage of the company being sold. Which must mean the vast majority of holders have held on...hoping/believing value is still there. Bodes for an equally quick SP recovery in my book. Call me an optimist! (You wouldn't be the first!)