sharetrader
Page 54 of 150 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Novitiate. Question. What do you regard as the difference between the two shares?
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    Novitiate. Question. What do you regard as the difference between the two shares?

Easy question to answer..

One is going up.. One is STILL going nowhere. :-))

Oh, so nothing to do with businesses then. Got it.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post

Business model. Quality of management. Marketing. While both companies appear to have products that are well received, Xero is putting effort into expanding its customer base. Xero certainly seem to have been hiring bigtime lately, so I would want to see some excellent customer growth in their upcoming operating update. Hopefully the increased losses indicated in the last interim report will be mitigated by outstanding customer growth! With their concentration on selling to accountants, the possibility for exponential growth to flow through as the accountants' customers adopt Xero seems very promising. Will keep watching closely, but so far I'm glad that I have kept my finger away from the SELL button, as there has never been enough of a pull back to have made it worthwhile.
    Last edited by Novitiate; 11-03-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: misplace apostrophe!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Two pointers :

1. Cash was down to $1.9m as at 31 December. Prudent suppliers of goods and services to the company will all be requiring cash or bank LC before supplying.

2. Sp was trending lower and lower.
    Capital raising - totally as expected.

Capital raising and this time runs, will have SuperLife (bravely going where other Kiwisaver providers do not dare venture) increasing its stake above 20%.

Guru

Capital raising - totally as expected.

Capital raising and this time runs, will have SuperLife (bravely going where other Kiwisaver providers do not dare venture) increasing its stake above 20%.
    I am getting concerned with my kiwisaver provider. You dont double down unless you have have a great hand and I dont consider WDT a great hand.

Might move funds again
    Last edited by CJ; 11-03-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    I am getting concerned with my kiwisaver provider. You dont double down unless you have have a great hand and I dont consider WDT a great hand.

Might move funds again
    Why does Superlife care? It's not their money and so far, so wrog so what's another few million dollars?

Guru

Why does Superlife care? It's not their money and so far, so wrog so what's another few million dollars?
    No its my money (as a kiwisaver investor)! I assume it is their NZ equity fund that is doing the investing.

All very well to criticize Superlife, but the placement of such a significant portion of shares at a price that is not a big discount to market is a pretty good result for WDT. They have obviously convinced Superlife that they are on track to turn the business around. If I was a WDT holder, I think I would be very happy with this placement overall.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by J R Ewing View Post
    If I was a WDT holder, I think I would be very happy with this placement overall.
    As a WDT holder, it is one of the few things you can be happy about

HOpefully, for all involved, Superlife has picked the bottom and is not catching knives.