sharetrader
Page 55 of 150 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    No its my money (as a kiwisaver investor)! I assume it is their NZ equity fund that is doing the investing.
    And their NZ investments are managed by Forsyth Barr so the question really is, do forbar know what they are doing...?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    And their NZ investments are managed by Forsyth Barr so the question really is, do forbar know what they are doing...?
    Just when you thought things could not get worse,they did.
    RUN. They were 'well positioned' for the upturn 20 years ago.Tougher world today.
    RUN far and fast.!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Ewing View Post
    All very well to criticize Superlife, but the placement of such a significant portion of shares at a price that is not a big discount to market is a pretty good result for WDT. They have obviously convinced Superlife that they are on track to turn the business around. If I was a WDT holder, I think I would be very happy with this placement overall.
    Hmm... it was only in Sept last year that Superlife stumped up with $2m at 15.5c to keep WDT going. Now it's 13c.

Good for WDT?

Only time will tell but the history to date is not great, is it?

Was the $60m raised at 65 cents ps good for Rakon 2 years ago?
    Last edited by Balance; 11-03-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Hmm... it was only in Sept last year that Superlife stumped up with $2m at 15.5c to keep WDT going. Now it's 13c.

Good for WDT?

Just as the $60m raised at 65cents was good for Rakon 2 years ago?
    Well, if you are invested in a company that posts losses for year after year, the best you can expect is dilution until it turns around. This placement doesn't dilute existing holders too badly, and without it the alternative would be a nice big rights issue, which would seriously dilute any holders that didn't stump up with the $$ required. So I guess as things go this is very much the lesser of evils.

Superlife's investment on MAD must be in the money by now

Maybe they are working on a strategic alliance between the two .... or maybe get them to merge

The new company could be called MAD ENERGY DRIVE TECNOLOGY

Then have an IPO and heck more than a few million .... tens of millions in the bank

Quote Originally Posted by J R Ewing View Post
    Well, if you are invested in a company that posts losses for year after year, the best you can expect is dilution until it turns around. This placement doesn't dilute existing holders too badly, and without it the alternative would be a nice big rights issue, which would seriously dilute any holders that didn't stump up with the $$ required. So I guess as things go this is very much the lesser of evils.
    Dilution?

I guess those who participated in the oversubscribed rights issue of May 2007 and January 2009 at $2.00 per share would debate that with you?

Likewise, those who participated in the 25 cps rights issue in Jan 2011.

* numbers adjusted for 1:20 share consolidation in June 2011.

BTW, worthwhile reading about SuperLife :

http://www.fma.govt.nz/keep-updated/...les-practices/

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10838168

Make you feel very confident about this outfit's ability to make sound, rational and well adjusted investment decisions?
    Last edited by Balance; 12-03-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Dilution?

I guess those who participated in the oversubscribed rights issue of May 2007 and January 2009 at $2.00 per share would debate that with you?

Likewise, those who participated in the 25 cps rights issue in Jan 2011.

* numbers adjusted for 1:20 share consolidation in June 2011.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. The way I see it is that if I invested in a company that was posting losses year after year (and had no significant reserves or assets), then if it is to remain afloat funds have to come from somewhere. If I am not putting more money in then someone else is, in which case dilution is inevitable.

BTW, worthwhile reading about SuperLife :
    http://www.fma.govt.nz/keep-updated/...les-practices/
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10838168
    Make you feel very confident about this outfit's ability to make sound, rational and well adjusted investment decisions?
    After immediate favorable market reaction to new capital, s.p. seems to be settling back to our previous level, somewhat desperate but ever hopeful as we are.
    Thanks Balance for the cautionary posts - possibly qualifying as an early Insider Rort Alert. Your knighthood nomination should be in the mail soon.
    It is unsettling to find who has climbed into bed with us.
    Still hoping to see a good invention eventually become profitable, but like some other early supporters no doubt, i'm just hoping enough new enthusiastic optimists can lift the price to a level where i can escape from the now rather menacing bedclothes to tiptoe out of the house with my shirt tails still discreet and dignified.

I have received yet another invitation to waste more money supporting WDT.I have refused probably the last three offers and will refuse any future offers until the company proves itself.
    One way it could save is to pay Directors and staff based on profit.