sharetrader
Page 57 of 150 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Why invest in this company ??..

Is that not a reasonable question ?.

It does not send out any TA signals.. and certainly does not meet any FA requirements..

Disc.. Held some about 25/30 years ago.. Long.. Long.. Long time out of it..
    Me too.!!!!! Enzed Technolgy,Aorangi ,Cadac etc.
    Just thinking ,they have made losses for so long could they register with the IRD as a charity.????????????????????!!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Did not realise you are a bit of a "new boy" to WDT Balance.?
    They had their presentation pretty well polished by then as they had been "well positioned for a turnaround in a year" for the previous 12 to 15 years.
    The more things change,the more they remain the same.!!! lol.
    And Ross Green kept paying his executives and himself very generously - as befits a company on the verge of making it BIG!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Me too.!!!!! Enzed Technolgy,Aorangi ,Cadac etc.
    Just thinking ,they have made losses for so long could they register with the IRD as a charity.????????????????????!!
    And the buggers would get it :-))

Advanced Member

Ross Greens " Apostles" Must be the Robinsons..

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And Ross Green kept paying his executives and himself very generously - as befits a company on the verge of making it BIG!
    Yeah Right.!!! lol

percy

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Ross Greens " Apostles" Must be the Robinsons..
    Love it.!!!! lol

For the last 18 months the company has been run by Greg Allen who has reduced inventory by nearly $10m to $3.5m (approx), he has reduced the loss from a unbelievable $14.5m to a projected less than $3m this year, he has increased stock turnover from 1x to more than 6x, and he has increased GM from 2% to 16%.

Do not get me wrong these 'improvements' do not make this a 'good' company yet and are the sort of numbers one would have expected from the beginning but the change and the trend are cause for consideration.

So for the last 18 months he has delivered most of what he has said in the AR he would deliver....to my way of thinking (and my cheque book) he is taking a much improved and new route for the company.

Yes we can all see the multiple of mistakes made by WDT but right now I think there is change going on. If one believes the new CEO and his statements about how WDT will see the year out then to get to the 18-20% GM needs then to be coming out of his year with GM nearing 25%.

Not out of the woods yet but I see this company as no longer being the basket case it has been for so long.
    Last edited by Anna Naum; 08-05-2013 at 08:18 AM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Naum View Post
    For the last 18 months the company has been run by Greg Allen who has reduced inventory by nearly $10m to $3.5m (approx), he has reduced the loss from a unbelievable $14.5m to a projected less than $3m this year, he has increased stock turnover from 1x to more than 6x, and he has increased GM from 2% to 16%.

Do not get me wrong these 'improvements' do not make this a 'good' company yet and are the sort of numbers one would have expected from the beginning but the change and the trend are cause for consideration.

So for the last 18 months he has delivered most of what he has said in the AR he would deliver....to my way of thinking (and my cheque book) he is taking a much improved and new route for the company.

Yes we can all see the multiple of mistakes made by WDT but right now I think there is change going on. If one believes the new CEO and his statements about how WDT will see the year out then to get to the 18-20% GM needs then to be coming out of his year with GM nearing 25%.

Not out of the woods yet but I see this company as no longer being the basket case it has been for so long.
    First of all I wish you would post more often.
    Although I have had a bad experience with this company [along time ago] ,all credit must be given that they have stuck with it.
    I trust you will keep us updated.

Guru

Meeting today , anyone going and what news will be spoken, "light at the end of the tunnel" can mean a train, glow worm or day light, what will it be this year considering that the recent c r bombed.!!

Not sure if I would say if was a failure, after all they raised $4.5m with $4m coming from Institutional shareholders.