sharetrader
Page 113 of 167 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1664

Thread: Nzd.usd

Hi dumbass just wondering if you have any further commentary on the NZD/USD. I got a a while ago and am looking to get back in again

Thumbs up

Thanks DA.

Forex is not my cup of tea. I always get it wrong, hence I stay away from it. I am keeping a close eye on those commodities, once they turn, I will sell out my resource portfolio and also short the NZD.

Thanks in advance fro your advice.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Thanks DA.

Forex is not my cup of tea. I always get it wrong, hence I stay away from it. I am keeping a close eye on those commodities, once they turn, I will sell out my resource portfolio and also short the NZD.

Thanks in advance fro your advice.
    If you always get it wrong why not put an order on in the opposite direction - then you will always get it right

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz View Post
    Hi dumbass just wondering if you have any further commentary on the NZD/USD. I got a a while ago and am looking to get back in again
    hi adam , looks like usd strength is gaining momentum so top could well be in on kiwi and aud.
    the nzd printed the shooting star which is a reversal pattern.
    there was an interesting divergence between equities and forex at the end of last week which gave a clue that things may be close to topping out.( equity rally but us dollar strength)
    my personal feeling is that there maybe one more rally for equities SP 500 1040 area and final leg lower for usd .It pays to listen to the market though and at the present moment us dollar is strong but there is big event risk from the fed tonight.

Guru

maybe not quite yet, moving like a yoyo today (Europe) and back up to 67.13 but while I write the US market is in a serious upwards mood. Would be keen to see some USD strength as im short the Kiwi but maybe a little more to go before it retraces properly. The Euro is also coming up but still hovering around the 1.42 so not as bullish as last week.

Just to be curious what do you guys use for your charting. Want to start trying to use them more but in order to do that would like to have the tools to hand.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz View Post
    Just to be curious what do you guys use for your charting. Want to start trying to use them more but in order to do that would like to have the tools to hand.
    Metatrader - its free and you will get all the currencies + gold and silver and a few others depending on the provider.

How do you guys sleep at night holding a forex position? NZD/USA had a big jump overnight.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    How do you guys sleep at night holding a forex position? NZD/USA had a big jump overnight.
    You just take 6 very strong sleeping tablets, and set the alarm for 7am. Once up you nervously say a little prayer, and fire up the computer while keeping your fingers crossed.

Worse case scenario is you've forgotten to place a stop, and you are a 1000 pips down.

However, if you have remembered the stop it will have protected you from a move in the wrong direction. Then again you may be +100 pips.

Great fun , but not for those of a nervous disposition.

arco

LOL arco, you crack me up mate.

My poor old heart cannot take that kind of abuse, hence I dont trade forex. lol