sharetrader
Page 114 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1664

Thread: Nzd.usd

Hybrid View

7.3% unemployment rate, that’s a shocker NZ!!
    NZD down almost 1c

Banned

Default cc

Anybody having trouble logging into IG markets this morning?
    Last edited by dragonz; 17-12-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: cc

New Zealanddollar could fall to a level not seen in about three years in the next few months.

I believe NZ dollar will go down sharply due to new development. It is overpriced by 45% against USD. During last couple of years it has appreciated by more than 50% against some Asian currencies. Now this cycle has reversed and NZD will go down not only against USD but also against some Asian currencies. I cannot understand reason behind appreciation of NZD. May be some carry traders including speculators must have parked their money in NZD. Now one by one currency players are unwinding their positions in both AUD and NZD. When everybody tries to take out of money from both AUD and NZD these currencies can tumble to the one of the lowest levels.

Now analysts including global banking analysts are revising their year endtarget and target in 2014 for NZD.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...urrencies.html

Wheeler’s Peashooter Finds Its Mark as Kiwi Slumps: Currencies

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10889664

Skids go under kiwi dollar - may fall further

http://www.fxstreet.com/news/forex-n...1-91395e7ab788

NZD/USD continues bear trend

Lower NZD will benefit some sectors in the economy and NZ economy will become one of the strongest economies in the world in the long run.

In short NZD dollar has entered a multi-year bear cycle and the dollar(USD) has entered a multi-year bull cycle. However there can be dead cat bounce for NZD time to time. Intermediate trend for NZD is down now.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security orcurrency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.Please note that I do not endorse or take responsibility for material in theabove hyper-linked sites.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 16-06-2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: to amend words

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10891827

Kiwi dollar drops sharply on GDP, Fed news

Both NZD and AUD went up in value during the past four years due to hot overseas money. Now this money is flooding out of these countries. That so called carry trade has ended now. Since these countries floated their dollars, Australia and New Zealand have become favourite hot place for worldwide speculative money trading.

Speculative money flows are short term, and will flee at the sight of trouble. There is a regime shift now. AUSTRALIAN bond futures are weaker as hedge funds reacted tothe situation.

There are some benefits in lower NZ dollar and Australian dollar

1. Rising import cost will bring some relief for New Zealand and Australian -based manufacturers.
    2. Export sector will expand. A lower dollar makes export prices more attractive for overseas buyers,boosting our domestic output.
    3. New Zealand andAustralian companies with significant overseas operations also will benefitbecause the lower dollar boosts the repatriated profit of companies with overseas operations.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security orcurrency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.

In the short run NZD can appreciate against AUD while having some volatility.However both AUD and NZD will continually go down against USD while having small rebound and volatility time to time. In the past NZD has traded as lowas 0.39 against USD. In the recent past NZD traded around 0.80 against USD. Now it is trading around 0.78 against USD. Now the currency cycle has changed and over valued currencies will go down gradually. When AUD go down against USD, NZD too will go down against USD in the same manner. We can also see falling interest rate in Australia and New Zealand too will follow their cousin sooner than later just like in Europe and USA in the past.In short still we have not seen biggest drop in NZD against USD. I believe after bitcoin and gold both NZD and AUD can go down dramatically.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security or currency.Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 02-08-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Worth shorting the NZD with this Fontera botulism issue?

I believe among currencies NZD has more potential to fall against basket of currencies in the coming months. The kiwi mat stay under pressure in the coming years as well. So far NZD dollar was resilient and this situation may change sooner than later. Arguably one of the overpriced currencies in the world. If we compare with basket of currencies during last 10 years it is at the top of the chart.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 01-09-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Guru

WOW...sudden fall in the kiwi
    I don't think the market expected the RB to keep interest rates on hold at 2.5%

Guru

https://www.igot.com/static/send_money
    I haven't tried this & don't know any one who has but may be the way of the future ?
    Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    any helpful idea's on the best place to transfer $400k NZD into USD, my bank wants to charge me 2%