sharetrader
Page 147 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1664

Thread: Nzd.usd

Massive shooting star on the daily chart that has rejected a S/R level - anyone else short off this?
    Attachment 3738
    "Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
    "Today is already the tomorrow which the bad economist yesterday urged us to ignore" H Hazlitt

Attachment 3739
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorX View Post
    anyone else short off this?
    i took a buy limit long last night, triggered during sleeptime and I closed it when I woke up
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Hi peat - nice trade! You would have made around 40 pips? I possibly should have waited for a break of the low of the shooting star before going short... something I'll put in my tool box for the future. My trade is still running - as long as the pice doesn't go above the top of the shooting star the trade is still valid.

Merry Christmas!
    "Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
    "Today is already the tomorrow which the bad economist yesterday urged us to ignore" H Hazlitt

Quote Originally Posted by RazorX View Post
    You would have made around 40 pips?
    yeh only 45
    i think the large bullish candle before the star means its likely we'll see more upside. but as always we'll hafta wait and see. i'm on holiday now and will be offline in Oz so just havin a little flutter before I go... not a great time of the year to be trading really anyway.

Anyone out there in FX land know why the TRY just spiked 100 pips against the Yen while no other yen cross moved?
    seems odd. hard to find any news.

the Eur/Try went down as well, so I guess the change in sentiment relates to the TRY itself. but of the reason for that I have no clue.

Central bank intervention, to strenghen the Lira. Thats quite original these days!

"Still, some excitement came from Turkey, where the central bank intervened to support the wilting lira. The dollar dropped sharply from TRY1.92 to just under TRY1.86 by 1127 GMT as the central bank sold foreign currencies. "

Hi All

>i am short the Eur from 1.3553.
    > again at 1.3167

All the best for a pip filled year

this trade is up 1,100 pips on the Euro,the recent drop has had it fall back into its down-trend channel starting 31 10 2011
    my stop is now at 1.3037
    overnight it took out the 2011 support low at 1.2883 which is encouraging as it opens up the possibility of 1.25

cheers
    roddy
    Last edited by roddy; 06-01-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Good stuff Roddy. thats some serious profit.

The EUR has been easy money recently.
    All eyes will be on the Italian bond auction in Feb. could be make or break for the EUR.
    1.25 isnt too far away, only 200 pips.

Thanks Pumice i hope you have a pip filled year, i am looking forward to when everyone gets back and posting,Oh BTW how did or is your holiday back here in NZ going

cheers
    roddy
    Last edited by roddy; 07-01-2012 at 11:01 PM.