sharetrader
Page 66 of 167 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Nzd.usd

Morning Roddy

Ive got MS 7.02 and Ichi is in my indictor list. Let me know if you cant find it and I will send you the MS code. As to reliability, I would say it works better on longer term charts.

The Ichimoku Kinko Hyo was developed by Goichi Hosoda, a Japanese newspaper writer, writing under the pen name "Ichimoku Sanjin." He developed this charting technique before World War II, and offered it to the public when he published his book in 1969.

Ichimoku translates as "a glance" or "one look." Kinko Hyo translates as "the table of equilibrium" or "balance table." Hence a chart displaying this indicator provides a broad look at the prices in a single view. You should be able to look at the chart and know at a glance whether to buy or sell.

Three key time periods are used to calculate the five individual plots used in the indicator. These times periods are based on the trading conditions at the time the indicator was created: Japan in the 1930's. At the time, a trading week was six days instead of the five days we are used to today. Some traders may wish to alter the time periods to reflect the change in trading days.

9 periods = one and a half weeks (now 7.5 periods. use 7 or 8)
    26 periods = one month (now 22 periods)

52 periods = two months (now 44 periods)

The Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator is composed of the following five plots, in addition to the closing prices.

Tenkan-sen. The standard line. This plot provides signals when paired with the Kijun-sen. The default periods for this plot is 9. The calculation for this plot is (Highest High + Lowest Low)/2. The highest high is the highest high over the last specified number of time periods. By default, this is the highest high of the last 9 periods. The other highest highs and lowest lows are calculated the same way.

Kijun-sen. The turning line. This plot provides signals when paired with the Tenkan-sen. The default periods for this plot is 26. The calculation for this plot is also (Highest High + Lowest Low)/2. However, the values are taken from a 26 periods time frame instead of a 9 periods time frame.

Senkou Span A. The first span. This plot creates the Kumo (cloud) when paired with Senkou Span B. The default periods for this plot is 52. The calculation for this plot is (Tenkan-sen + Kijun-sen)/2.

Senkou Span A. The second span. This plot creates the Kumo (cloud) when paired with Senkou Span A. The default periods for this plot is 52. The calculation for this plot is (Highest High + Lowest Low)/2.

Chikou Span. The delayed line. This plot is simply the close plotted the desired number of time periods in the past. The default periods for this plot is 26. In this case, today's close would be plotted 26 days ago.

The Ichimoku indicators are used together as one set of signals. If the signals do not agree, the chart is unreliable. When all three signals are in agreement, the signal is strong.

Tenkan-sen / Kijun-sen. A buy signal is generated when the Tenkan-sen crosses above the Kijun-sen. A sell signal is generated when the Tenkan-sen crosses below the Kijun-sen. The Tenkan-sen and Kijun-sen can be used as support and resistance.

Senkou Span A / Senkou Span B. The area between the two Spans is the Kumo, or cloud. A buy signal is generated when the close crosses above the cloud. A sell signal is generated when the close crosses below the cloud. Near the intersections of Span A and Span B, the market has a tendency to become chaotic. The Senkou Spans can also be used as support or resistance. When the close is above the cloud, the Spans act as two levels of support. When the close is below the cloud, the Spans act as two levels of resistance.

Chikou Span / Close. A buy signal is generated when the Chikou Span crosses above the close. A sell signal is generated when the Chikou Span crosses below the close.

regards - arco

theres also some interesting stuff on investopedia on the Ichimoku

http://www.investopedia.com/articles...6/ichimoku.asp

http://www.investopedia.com/articles.../04/072104.asp

this bit in partic.

Strong signals - A strong buy signal occurs when the Tenkan-Sen crosses above the Kijun-Sen from below. A strong sell signal occurs when the opposite occurs. The signals must be above the Kumo.

Normal signals - A normal buy signal occurs when the Tenkan-Sen crosses above the Kijun-Sen from below. A normal sell signal occurs when the opposite occurs. The signals must be within the Kumo.

Weak signals - A weak buy signal occurs when the Tenkan-Sen crosses above the Kijun-Sen from below. A weak sell signal occurs when the opposite occurs. The signals must be below the Kumo.

Arco/Peat

thanks yes Arco that would be great if you could send Ichimoku,i have been through indicator lists but its not there!

Thanks Peat, i will check out the links!

cheers roddy

Roddy

You can download it directly from Equis here.

http://www.equis.com/Customer/Resour...cle.aspx?Id=17

regards - arco

Quiet Observer

USD strengthening accross the board. I think there may be at least a short term peak in the kiwi. Hence went short @ 70.85. The bigger question is the right hand shoulder of a massive H & S now forming? Eitherway major resistance in the whole 70.85 - 71.00 area. I can see this coming back at least 200pips quite quickly - 100 pips so far.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

Quiet Observer

Wow. That was a real quick 200+ pips. It seems a few long positions were quickly being unwound. I had my stop a bit too tight, but still managed a 140 pip gain. Looks like on the short term will come back to at least 69.00 cents - will look to re-enter depending on indicators at that stage.

interesting how Moody seem to disregard our debt and deficit....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/3/...ectid=10418830

Quiet Observer

Hmmmm. Another example of how the exception has become the rule. It is so "normal" now for most countries to have large debt and deficits that the "officials" more or less justify that things are at an acceptable level. I wouldn't be suprised that it remains this way until the whole system isn't so "awash" with cash. Of course the longer that goes on for the more pain and less chairs there will be once the music finally stops!

Quiet Observer

Finally we are getting some movement. Patience has certainly been a virtue with this one. For those who are looking for the Kiwi to fall I reckon .6820 is the key. If that level is clearly broken (breaking the low from early Jan + breaking a 6mth trendline) then it could be all on, quite quickly heading to .6500 - .6600..................On the otherhand if it holds then we could have another go at the .7200 level. Only time will tell!

weekly graph here shows a rather disturbing head and shoulders in the making (but not completed so I'm not allowed to comment right ) but there are definitiely two shoulders perfectly matched at 0.71 around a slightly lopsided head

Am I correct in thinking though, that one should only trade them when they break through the neckline hence this has to fall to 0.60 before we sell it with a target of 0.4.
    So all a bit pie in the sky at this stage but something I noticed over the weekend.