sharetrader
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: AUD.USD

Thanks DA, the NAV is certainly looking a lot healthier these days.
    Oddly my TRY/JPY trade is doing really well, I thought this would have pulled back a lot stronger than it has.
    Are you trading anything else other than the Aussie?

I have my usual aud usd x 2 short , nzd usd short , short light crude , short gold , long usd

If you are trading it closely i will post a chart on the aud direction, if it drops straight to 10450 then

care must be exercised as price may bounce , if it breaks 10375 then top is confirmed and i will

short the bejesus out of the aud.

A bit of a rally going on at the moment.
    seems a bit odd, given the Greek debt swap vote is coming up in the next 24 hours.

A chart would be appreciated DA.

hey pumice, i am still expecting a significant downtrend in the aud to take the currency to below 90 against the usd in the medium term.

fundamentals will eventually weigh against the aud , this week we have had a benign RBA, GDP about half of expectations, pretty poor employment data ,weakening china GDP etc

yet the aud holds up but this highlights only that the aud is fuelled by risk appetite rather than than economic realities but for how long.

there is a possibilty the top is in and we would have to see 1.0380 taken out to confirm this, i am currently holding my double short position from 1.0720 and 10750 stop at 1.0710 with target at 1.0460 .

interesting divergence on friday between the usd and equity market

i have taken a heavy short on SP500 at close on friday as the risk reward on this trade is fantastic.

should be an interesting week.

still my preferred count is for a final run to 1.10 but positioned to be wrong if the top is already in.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
    I have my usual aud usd x 2 short , nzd usd short , short light crude , short gold , long usd

If you are trading it closely i will post a chart on the aud direction, if it drops straight to 10450 then

care must be exercised as price may bounce , if it breaks 10375 then top is confirmed and i will

short the bejesus out of the aud.
    All targets fired for bumper pips on the above trades,the only one i got stopped on was a short on sp500 but the risk was very low.

i would expect some consolidation from this level on the aud , if it is to rally it will be from around this level, will explore from the long side if price bottoms in the next few days.

Playing out nicely DA.
    Hopefully this is the start of a long term downtrend in the AUD and NZD.

it's on the way to 0.90

According to following links AUD can go down further. Suddenly some analysts including bank economists also have become bearish on AUD. AUD dollar has entered a multi-year bear cycle and the dollar(USD) has entered a multi-year bull cycle. However there can be dead cat bounce for AUD time to time. Intermediate trend for AUD is down now.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets/no-respite-for-the-aussie-dollar-20130614-2o7uw.html

No respite for the Aussie dollar

http://www.thebull.com.au/premium/a/...ie-dollar.html

4 Reasons To Bet On A Lower Aussie Dollar

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...94c-late-trade

Australian dollar slides under US94c in late trade

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security orcurrency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.Please note that I do not endorse or take responsibility for material in theabove hyper-linked sites.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...r-33-month-low

Australian dollar hits 33-month low

The local currency is being sold heavily as the US central bank prepares to wind down its stimulus program

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...-1226673721252

Australian dollar hits Sept 2010 low on talk of more RBA rate cuts