sharetrader
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: AUD.USD

Hybrid View

hi razorx , well done hope you got plenty , lost on this one about 70 pips.
    was a great set up confirmed with expectation of correction in sp but didnt come off .
    nice one

Hi Dumbass

A nice, if a somewhat violent breakout! The entry candle (The one that opened above the purple line) moved a whole 84 pips in one hour - Would have been a nice scalp on the lower time frames! The stop (Red line in my image) needed to be placed under my trend indicator (Grey and red line).
    Close out this morning with about 60 pips.

All indicators are still confirming a long trade so maybe an opportunity next week to re-enter long?

Attachment 3564
    "Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
    "Today is already the tomorrow which the bad economist yesterday urged us to ignore" H Hazlitt

I have a fair bit of USD I want to change to AUD shortly. Any idea when is a good time to do it? Don't need to use the money immediately... but it is sitting there on 0% interest vs around 5% in Oz.

Perplexed as to why the aus dollar dropped against the green back after last nights stimulus announcement.... The dow and S&P500 dropped yet the USD rose I would have thought the aussie dollar would be better off comparatively

What country can print money and increase the value of their currency...

Am I overlooking the obvious?
    Last edited by float; 22-09-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by float View Post
    Perplexed as to why the aus dollar dropped against the green back after last nights stimulus announcement.... The dow and S&P500 dropped yet the USD rose I would have thought the aussie dollar would be better off comparatively

What country can print money and increase the value of their currency...

Am I overlooking the obvious?
    Did they print money though? I thought they just rolled over ST maturing debt and bought LT debt?
    They are just keeping rates lower for longer arent they?

hello and happy new year.

looking to enter short on aud, looks like a correction is commencing which should provide some resonable pips to the downside.

3 wave structure , most likely price will double top with a B wave at 1.0680 ish then should see a C WAVE moving price down , initial target 1.05 .

i wil look to count 5 waves down which should then provide another long opportunity.

short 1.0670 stop 1.0730 target 1.05

Half way there DA.
    Good call.

How long can this risk rally last?
    $1.08 has got to be hurting the Aus economy. I'd love to take a LT short, but its just to expensive at 4.4-4.5%

this uptrend is in the final stages and therefore warrants caution. im out of my long and now setting up a scalping short but as i said before the better trade will be a longer term short when the uptrend completes.
    thats the principle of the carry trade but to compensate for the interest diffential in shorting the doorway can get pretty narrow and should see some explosive moves.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
    this uptrend is in the final stages and therefore warrants caution. im out of my long and now setting up a scalping short but as i said before the better trade will be a longer term short when the uptrend completes.
    thats the principle of the carry trade but to compensate for the interest diffential in shorting the doorway can get pretty narrow and should see some explosive moves.
    I think you are right.
    FED plosser is also calling for a rate hike, that would dramarically change things.

Why do you prfer the AUD instead of the NZD for a short?
    The carry on the NZD is a hell of a lot cheaper. I would have thought it would be more vulnerable than the AUD as well.

they pretty much dance to the same tune , if i'm full in i play 3 full short positions with a bias to the cross that i feel may be weaker.

currently the aud is in a downtrend against the kiwi so i will short two aud usd positions to one nzd usd short, if you get my drift.

this is the most tricky area when a currency is turning and therefore extreme caution is warranted , the minimum requirement is in place but i feel there may

be a little more upward momentum to work off , so patience is required.