sharetrader
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: AUD.USD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dragonz View Post
    My maths entered me at 1.0574 for a short and looks like a bit of momentum building for a push south
    Closed short for +49 pips. Currant account and interest rate decisions due today. have an open order for another short at 1.0488 should this fall below this level.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dragonz View Post
    Closed short for +49 pips. Currant account and interest rate decisions due today. have an open order for another short at 1.0488 should this fall below this level.
    Closed this short for -20 pips.

I have a fair bit of USD I want to change to AUD shortly. Any idea when is a good time to do it? Don't need to use the money immediately... but it is sitting there on 0% interest vs around 5% in Oz.

Perplexed as to why the aus dollar dropped against the green back after last nights stimulus announcement.... The dow and S&P500 dropped yet the USD rose I would have thought the aussie dollar would be better off comparatively

What country can print money and increase the value of their currency...

Am I overlooking the obvious?
    Last edited by float; 22-09-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by float View Post
    Perplexed as to why the aus dollar dropped against the green back after last nights stimulus announcement.... The dow and S&P500 dropped yet the USD rose I would have thought the aussie dollar would be better off comparatively

What country can print money and increase the value of their currency...

Am I overlooking the obvious?
    Did they print money though? I thought they just rolled over ST maturing debt and bought LT debt?
    They are just keeping rates lower for longer arent they?

hello and happy new year.

looking to enter short on aud, looks like a correction is commencing which should provide some resonable pips to the downside.

3 wave structure , most likely price will double top with a B wave at 1.0680 ish then should see a C WAVE moving price down , initial target 1.05 .

i wil look to count 5 waves down which should then provide another long opportunity.

short 1.0670 stop 1.0730 target 1.05

hey DA
    happy New Year to you too

If you've been stopped out you may want to have another go I reckon... maybe stop just above 760 this time
    hard to believe the Aussie is at 1.7
    Last edited by peat; 02-02-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

hi peat , got stopped at breakeven but still like the short side , 1.0750 should prove resilient, im short from 1.0730 and looking to add if we get some momentum.

i cant quite believe it as well, 25 base rate cut by the rba next week with another 100 in the pipeline and we get vertical takeoff .???

twiggs says the world is preparing for QE3
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

i personally think QE3 is a done deal but will probably be delayed as the equity markets rally in the short term.

a chart of the FEDs monetary base gives a indication of the extent of the reflationary monetary policy of late fighting the deflating economy.

i think LTRO 2 has even exceeded the FED .

you know its all going to end in tears unfortunately it will be our kids tears !