sharetrader
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: AUD.USD

Good move Arco!

I have set aside some time this long weekend to investigate the BASICS of wave counting & butterflys etc, so can hopefully start contributing some similar analysis to the rest of you...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

looking like a high chance of top being in on aus at 9541

the weekly candlestick has printed a doji as well as some trendline resistance on daily

rsi divergence as well.

i m viewing this as confirmation of aus jpy short at 98

weakness in this cross is from aus weakness rather than yen strength

the only slight hurdle is negotiating a corrective move on the aus and probably eur and nzd early next week before major weakness returns with big yen move

this should provide good shorts for eur usd and aud usd etc and further stock melt down

Have gone long at 9322 sl 9280 on a bounce off resistance and the daily trendline.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Covered for a total...10 pips profit.:o. The currency is looking indecisive.

Gosh, I could have been 300 pips up had I held on. My great entries but poor exits are making it quite tricky...might be time to try use my sharetrading strategies on this rather than my short-term futures scalping ones. Now I know how Cujodog feels
    Last edited by AMR; 23-05-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Fundamentally we are overdue a rally in the US $ - and I'm not talking about recent comments made by Bernanke that have seen the US $ stage a small rally - I'm talking over the medium term. In the next year, IMO, the US $ will surge, and those things that act as counterweights to the US $ will fall.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Packersoldkidney View Post
    Fundamentally we are overdue a rally in the US $ - and I'm not talking about recent comments made by Bernanke that have seen the US $ stage a small rally - I'm talking over the medium term. In the next year, IMO, the US $ will surge, and those things that act as counterweights to the US $ will fall.
    Hi Psk - May I call you that?
    What do you see as the catalysts for a medium term rally in the USD?
    I imagine that interest rates will turn up but it will also need an improvement in the bop and in consumer confidence, amongst other things? Or are we looking at a comparative decline in the fortunes of other major economies as the trigger?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Hi Psk - May I call you that?
    What do you see as the catalysts for a medium term rally in the USD?
    I imagine that interest rates will turn up but it will also need an improvement in the bop and in consumer confidence, amongst other things? Or are we looking at a comparative decline in the fortunes of other major economies as the trigger?

Cheers

You can call me anything, just don't call me That.

Europe has yet to see the effects of the sub-prime/credit crunch - they will though - I expect Europe, economically to be comparitively weak compared to other places on the globe. This will affect the Euro - which is the US $ major competitor in terms of a currency.

Deflation has already arrived in real-estate and in stock markets - and it looks as if it is affecting gold now as well. Gold is a leading indicator for where oil is about to go. With the air out of the commodities bubble that will leave a lot of money with no place to go - and in the current recessionary environment that means Cash is King.

Fundamentally the US $ is looking good, in terms of future expectations the US Fed will choose to fight inflation over keeping a 'stronger' economy - just as they have done in every other recession in living memory: meaning higher interest rates. Other economies around the world have just about reached the end of their interest rate raising cycles - the US Fed hasn't even started its yet. And it will have to start, because elsewise it is putting its hands up and saying: "these high prices, and especially high oil prices, are here to stay", which clearly it can't, and wont, do.

It was the Fed that really started the commodities bubble by allowing an easy carry trade, and now it is going to have to go in the other direction - bump interest rates up, in which case the US $ will follow.

I think we are about to enter a deflationary period, with the best asset class being cash, and you can't get better legal tender around the globe better than the US $.

Quote Originally Posted by Packersoldkidney View Post
    You can call me anything, just don't call me That.

......This will affect the Euro - which is the US $ major competitor in terms of a currency.

.........and you can't get better legal tender around the globe better than the US $.
    Hi Packers
    YEN in both cases imo
    This will keep pressure on the US and I think will be the next big mover in currency

Just a thought :O)

Cheers
    Slam

aud starting to look toppy

theres a lot of fib levels around 98 50 - 98 70

still believe it will have crack at 1 but maybe time for a rest

looking to short from confirmed entry at break of upper trendline