sharetrader
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: GBP.USD

Paint takes a while to dry in the cold of winter,the sun may come out around 5-6ish when the early bird pom's wake up.

xerof , the quality of postings on this site (excluding my drivel) is exceedingly high both technically and entertainment wise

i notice you're grilling the gold coast guru on the other side and getting good useful replies, isnt that dude amazing in his clarity and certainty no to mention his patience and benevolence.

re current positions , i am flat on all , looking for new entry points , supposedly the slopes are still slippery , with retracements not going to be all that substantial just yet.

You guys keep mentioning the other side[?][?]

www.global-view.com

There's a guru fund manager on the FX forum who's happy to display his views and levels - he seems to have access to global flows, at least his system is flow-based, and for sure, they're very accurate

Xerof

Cheers Xerof

Give you an example - in [u]early</u> June he said EUR would close the month at 1.1966. Well he was bloody miles away, it closed at 1.1957 AND he was 2 days late

And virtually the same for all other pairings too. That said, often the intra week bounces are rather higher than he's expecting but you'll get the drift of how to cope with that if you read his archives.

Well worth following him, eh Peat

yup
    i'm not sure why he still works tho. coz if I was as good as him i would do 10 super trades and then retire. but i guess everyone has some money management principles to adhere to. he is after all a pro fund manager. But before you ask, his fund is closed.

And no matter how accurate he is you still should apply sound m/m principles - kinda goes without saying , i just mention it coz you can see on the global view forum there are quite a few people who get a bit carried away and start to freak out when his highs (for a short) are taken out and its obvious from their desparate comments that they are over-leveraged. Eg lots of people got burned following his short recommendations on the kiwi as it climbed up to .74 but I bet he just kept selling , taking a longer time frame view than most can afford.
    I follow him but give myself plenty of room to spare with building up a position
    He does get a bit of stick sometimes tho coz his stop losses are very flexible. He will state a stop loss and then later say "oh yeh but I just used it as a way to get some better entry points " which is kind of wrong according to Forex 101 ,
    But I forgive him.

That forum has a 'archive' feature where you can dig out someones posts from history , so if u are new there just do a search for martin to check out the record. Its pretty good

Thanks guys.
    Always good to have another view to throw in the pot.
    As far as other peoples posts go, I find they are most usfull just to draw your attention to something that you may not be watching etc.
    Then it's up to the individual to do his own and that.
    BTW
    any of us get the last short on GBP?
    Got in a bit late but still 50 pips in it[8D]
    Cheers
    Slam

Its possible Major Gann at 7578 could
    cause a minor hiccup in the south bound move.

However, general direction IMO still $bullish.

Added more shorts here yesterday at 7485.

But I dislike NFP announcment day, so cautiously
    watching it unfold.

http://www.briefing.com/Silver/Calen...ses/employ.htm