sharetrader
Page 268 of 291 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 2905
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I get what you are saying BlackPeter but sometimes people are just happy to eat bad or smoke or drink too much etc. Yes they probably are going to die earlier but sometimes they have lived on balance a happier life than someone living 5 or 10 years longer- just because you live longer it doesn't mean you have had a better life than the next person.

Reminds me of a customer I had a few years back, I helped finance him into a $500k truck that had $100k worth of pointless addons- lights, chrome, mint paint job etc. I showed him how much extra money he could take home each month if he just went with the base model. He didn't care, he was happy living a modest life on a modest income, but I swear he had the BEST LOOKING TRUCK running from Auckland to Tauranga! He was a happy man.
    Each to their own.Still a free world.

I get what you are saying BlackPeter but sometimes people are just happy to eat bad or smoke or drink too much etc. Yes they probably are going to die earlier but sometimes they have lived on balance a happier life than someone living 5 or 10 years longer- just because you live longer it doesn't mean you have had a better life than the next person.

Reminds me of a customer I had a few years back, I helped finance him into a $500k truck that had $100k worth of pointless addons- lights, chrome, mint paint job etc. I showed him how much extra money he could take home each month if he just went with the base model. He didn't care, he was happy living a modest life on a modest income, but I swear he had the BEST LOOKING TRUCK running from Auckland to Tauranga! He was a happy man.
    Can't comment on the truck experience ... but while all these add-ons you are talking about probably have been not very economical, I suppose they didn't damage anybody's health either.

Related to fast food - I guess it depends. No issue if its occasional and in moderation. However - most people will agree that being below the obesity line increases not just (statistically) your life expectancy, but makes the life experience as well much more enjoyable.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Comparing succulent chicken to tobacco and weapons? You've lost me.

The colonel's finest brings happiness and joy to a lot of people .
    I had a feed of it on Saturday after 4 long days at the national field days.

Does this mean that single RBD Shares have become Collector's items , like for example Stamps & Coins ?

After all, any smell of a dividend looks like it's AWOL as rare as Hen's Teeth & staying that way for an eternity
    as the offshore controlling interest play 'build an international Food Empire' to their hearts content ignoring all the
    minority holders out there - who they probably consider are so avidly interested that they can park a few bucks
    up in RBD shares showing Zero dividend return & a sniff of the recipes on offer for those venturing in ..
    Last edited by nztx; 22-06-2021 at 05:19 PM.

percy

Six years ago the trust I am a trustee of spent $50,000 buying 12,216 RBD shares.In the meantime we did receive some divies.Current market value of the RBD investment is $170,046.72.No intention of selling .

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Six years ago the trust I am a trustee of spent $50,000 buying 12,216 RBD shares.In the meantime we did receive some divies.Current market value of the RBD investment is $170,046.72.No intention of selling .
    And also I think received some vouchers for some of their top-notch product from their fine establishments!!

Risk Manager for FTX

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post

I wonder how much of that is due to eps growth vs mutiple expansion

percy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by percy; 22-06-2021 at 10:23 PM.

percy

I wonder myself.?...lol.
    I would guess a bit of eps growth and a good bit of multiple expansion.
    The same has happened with other holdings in the portfolio:CNU,EBO,FPH,FRE,MCY,MEL,PGW,RYM,SKL,SPK, SUM,and TRA,.

Advanced Member

Went to Linwood to check out the new Taco bell just now. Queuing round the corner and half the carpark coned off to make more room for the drive in queue.
    Gave up waiting, was getting hangry

Legend

Someone seems to have developed a taste for more than one RBD Collector share at a time ..

can't be a lot on the loose out there ..

RBD may come knocking on Percy's door to see if he can spare some for reallocation out to others wanting some
    of these Collector pieces in their ones & two's soon..