Quote Originally Posted by E C K Witty View Post
Do not forget the pulling power of KFC as the reality of a slowing economy begins to kick in. As the opportunity cost of dining at the next tier restaurant/takeaway begins to weigh more heavily, KFC will loom large for many as a viable alternative.

The same goes for Pizza Hut, and lets not forget the rugby season has kicked into action. Last year there was a bit of a "turn-off" attitude from the rugby public because the top players were out of the game. This year a good number of the stars are already in the game, so expect the viewer numbers to climb again. And with it, the orders will come rolling in. Providing Pizza Hut can maintain their market share, then they should experience increased year on year sales without needing to significantly compromise margin.

Starbucks, I perceive coffee appreciation locally to be very much at a personal level. The places that make good coffee get to be known, for their coffee, their ambience, or both. This is why they get frequented by the locals. Of course, it is a bit more pot luck when you are "roaming". I like to explore New Zealand and speaking from personal experience, I can assure you that we have stopped for a cuppa at some terrible establishments whilst on our travels. I can also tell you that there is a primo barista operating out of Oamaru, although I have no idea what the name of the cafe is. For the roamer, Starbucks & the likes offer a safe bet. They have therefore established their place within the New Zealand coffee culture.

To my way of thinking the outlook for the group looks somewhat brighter than many of you have been suggesting.
GOOD ON you Witty about time we had a clear view of the way ahead and agree with your comments, RBD the bargain, as for Starbucks can see NO change on the way ahead in NZ as there is not the competition as in USA as stated before not much you can BUY in NZ on the NZX so just to say to every one just do your BEST..