quote:Originally posted by BRICKS

IN your case suggest that you stop going there to distress yourself that is there standard and works still opening stores [which costs money which they seem to have] and paying Div`s ,, wish a lot of other Co`s would as well and the share is available another rare thing on the NZX.. [8D]
Quite right Bricks. RBD isn't a great company, but they do have a remarkably consistant record of paying steady dividends over many years. A record that some of those supposedly stable property companies (Capital Properties, National Property Trust) might learn from.

Yet RBD is consistently rated 20% *below* those companies on a dividend yield basis! How many years of outperforming property companies does RBD have to put on the board before they are at least rated equally with them? It doesn't matter what the answer is. I have the patience to simply wait, while collecting my well above term deposit rate dividend in the meantime.

In the meantime, on an historic basis, RBD are nearing the top of their long established trading range (takeover spike excepted). So history tells me now is not a good time to buy. But I don't have much reverence for financial history and my most recent buys were well below these price levels anyway!

SNOOPY