sharetrader
Page 253 of 291 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2905
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    PER of 18 to 20 is more appropriate for the company until it proves that it can grow double digit earnings rate again.

So $6.00 to $6.70 should be where it settles.

Closed at $9.20 today.

Guru

Received my free meal voucher in the mail today. 2 pieces of chicken, a drink, chips and a potato and gravy. Being a practical joker I have color copied the voucher and I am going to attempt to pass this off at my local store. Some of the youngsters that work there are not the smartest tool in the box so it will be interesting to see if it works. On another note, I am surprised by the continued high price of RBD, so it is possible that the Mexicans have a good deal. I am not yet convinced, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Received my free meal voucher in the mail today. 2 pieces of chicken, a drink, chips and a potato and gravy. Being a practical joker I have color copied the voucher and I am going to attempt to pass this off at my local store. Some of the youngsters that work there are not the smartest tool in the box so it will be interesting to see if it works. On another note, I am surprised by the continued high price of RBD, so it is possible that the Mexicans have a good deal. I am not yet convinced, time will tell.
    Careful blackcap. I hear Mexican prisons aren't as nice as ours here in Nueva Zealandia

On the doghouse

I am surprised by the continued high price of RBD, so it is possible that the Mexicans have a good deal. I am not yet convinced, time will tell.
    I am surprised too blackcap, and the incremental return on equity exercise (below) I did in January still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    EOFY2016 Change EOFY2018
    Normalised Earnings {A} $24.207m $40.361m
    No. of Shares {B} 102.871m 123.629m
    eps {A}/{B} 23.53c +9.12c {D} 32.65c
    Owner Equity {C} $75.617m $210,608m
    Owner Equity per share {C}/{B} 74c +96c {E} $1.70
    Return on Incremental Equity / Share {D}/{E} +9.5%

The return on the new funds from the 2016 cash issue still looks mediocre.

I still retain the balance of my own shares that I did not sell into the offer. I have resisted the temptation to build that shareholding up again. 'Rationally' I suppose I should have sold the balance at $9. But people aren't keen to let go of winning investments. And if people like me aren't willing to sell, those wanting in have to pay a high price. The law of supply and demand at work?

Received my free meal voucher in the mail today. 2 pieces of chicken, a drink, chips and a potato and gravy. Being a practical joker I have color copied the voucher and I am going to attempt to pass this off at my local store. Some of the youngsters that work there are not the smartest tool in the box so it will be interesting to see if it works.
    And the point of such a practical joke is what? To get some green recruit into trouble? I hope that if your 'experiment' works, you will quickly come clean and produce the real voucher. That would at least be of use to shareholders!

For what it is worth, when presenting my 'shareholder KFC Card" to my local KFC in the past, they have always been looked at very carefully.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 15-08-2019 at 08:22 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Guru

That is pretty denigrating of the staff that work in a business in which you have stake.

So you want to manipulate people you consider to be gullible?

Is your ruse even cost-effective? You would need quite a decent printer for a start and the sort of paper they use for vouchers...plus a journey to your local restaurant. After doing all that you may not be successful with the possibility that a complaint could be levied with the local constabulary - Not to mention the waste of time and lack of meal.

percy

If I send you my address would you mind sending me half a dozen copies.
    I am more than happy to pay post and printing costs..................................lol.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    That is pretty denigrating of the staff that work in a business in which you have stake.

So you want to manipulate people you consider to be gullible?

Is your ruse even cost-effective? You would need quite a decent printer for a start and the sort of paper they use for vouchers...plus a journey to your local restaurant. After doing all that you may not be successful with the possibility that a complaint could be levied with the local constabulary - Not to mention the waste of time and lack of meal.
    Bjauk, its a practical joke, a ruse, do not get so upset. I am not out to defraud RBD, I am a shareholder afterall. If it works once, I will inform staff and management and have a bit of a laugh about it. I do know on past occasions that staff look at the vouchers all funny and often not sure what to do. There are plenty of KFC vouchers that you need to print from your pc (standard ones) and as such the need for a good printer is non essential. I just color printed on my $50 printer and that should do the trick.

Percy, if it works, I will send you a bunch

Chanchay, I take on board the Mexican jail warning. Thank you!

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Anyway, I don't want to be too critical of Russel as generally I think he is an outstanding chief executive, even if I don't agree with every decision he makes. I do expect the RBD share price to drop after the offer is complete, although not by as much as some think. But I wouldn't be surprised if in twelve months time the price of those remaining shares is north of $9.45.
    Following my March 2019 post, the remaining shares are trading at $9.45 already! I have to admit I am stunned as there has been no real strategic news following on from the closing of the takeover offer at an effective price of $8.89 (my post 2439). Big announcements expected at the upcoming AGM? I am also surprised that RBD is hanging onto its position in the NZX50 now that 75% of the shares are locked up. I am still hanging on to the balance of my shares post the takeover.

Feeling a bit guilty now with my campaign to convince shareholders that the share price would fall substantially post takeover. But I don't retract any of my analysis that lead me to that decision. Maybe it is just a case of the market behaving in mysterious ways over the short term?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 20-06-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Good recent trading update and 9.52 at close today. Now the share price is above the recent partial takeover price. Used one of the shareholder vouches today. Didn't particularly like the KFC but it was good to see the outlet very busy!

Another article today in stuff about RBD I introducing Taco Bell to NZAU soon. Starting with 2 stores then 60 over the next 5yrs. Interesting that almost all comments have been negative to the idea - no one seems to like taco bell that much, and don't see them competing against existing mexican stores very well.
    Wondering whether RBD might be shoving money down a large drain?