sharetrader
Page 236 of 291 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2905

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Haha, RBD was good to me over the years but thought SUMthing else will be better for the next few years. Lets see how it plays out, if RBD drops below 7's again I will step back in I guess
    Fair enough.

At current price I wouldn’t be buying and there’s no real compelling reason to sell since it’s been so good to me.

And on the way some calculate divie yields I’m getting a 30% plus divie ...Pretty good eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Should see 8 bucks tomorrow ....or the day after

Then heading on upwards to 9 bucks

Close above 8 bucks

That’s so cool

Suppose need to hold until it reaches 9 bucks

Worth holding at least 1 single share for life, just for the free annual KFC voucher
    The day they stop giving the vouchers, I'm out.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiggs View Post
    Worth holding at least 1 single share for life, just for the free annual KFC voucher
    The day they stop giving the vouchers, I'm out.
    Heh! The kids get RBD shares from me for their 21st birthdays.They are in return required to read at least a couple of market updates a year. All part of the education. The voucher helps, plus the brands mean something to them.

@ Winner69

Assuming the Divi were to continue is there any point selling them at all when returning 30% p.a? (tough to replicate that sort of annual return unless one's name is Madoff....:-))

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    @ Winner69

Assuming the Divi were to continue is there any point selling them at all when returning 30% p.a? (tough to replicate that sort of annual return unless one's name is Madoff....:-))
    Not 30% at today's price though, so somewhat irrelevant imo.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Heh! The kids get RBD shares from me for their 21st birthdays.They are in return required to read at least a couple of market updates a year. All part of the education. The voucher helps, plus the brands mean something to them.
    what the kids hear....
    Blah blah blah.....RBD shares from me .......blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ..........voucher .......blah blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Fair enough.

At current price I wouldn’t be buying and there’s no real compelling reason to sell since it’s been so good to me.

And on the way some calculate divie yields I’m getting a 30% plus divie ...Pretty good eh
    I know what you are saying! My average buy in price is 2.56 but I would not buy more at current multiples. This has been my third best share over the last decade or so as far as annualised total returns go. The div yield based on original purchase price is very nice and even at around current buy price the div yield is close to 5%. Basically I don't see much worth buying at the moment on the NZ market so will hold this investment and watch to see how it continues to track.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    what the kids hear....
    Blah blah blah.....RBD shares from me .......blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ..........voucher .......blah blah blah blah
    Partly true! But we are talking young adults with plans for the future. I have told them what they do is their decision and if they want to sell and lie on the beach in Bali for a few weeks that is their choice. Hasn't happened so far.

I am ever hopeful of financial education by osmosis to avoid 'shirtsleeves to shirtsleeves in three generations'.