sharetrader
Page 1 of 291 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Share Collector

Default RBD - Restaurant Brands

RBD has got to be the share with the most threads on ShareTrader! Eventually they all seem to degenerate into pointless arguments, so a new one starts...

So...starting yet again...

The trading in RBD seems to have been very odd in the last few months since the expired takeover. It is trapped in a very tight range (mostly $1.27 - $1.30). Volumes have been quite erratic and occasionally large. Today (a relatively quiet day) a large volume of shares traded (does anyone have the VWAP?). I am interested to know whether there is an explanation for this behaviour.

Advanced Member

Liz, the VWAP is $1.299 - It is so close to the days high because 88% of the total days volume was a single crossing at $1.30.

Share Collector

Thanks Phaedrus. I wondered if that was the case. I just get the impression that occasionally, when the price hits a low point, someone moves in and buys eveything on offer up to $1.30. No point speculating I guess - but maybe similar to what rmbbrave noticed with MHI before Fisher funds declared their stake?

Snoopy's value line is 130 .... maybe him
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

appalling service and product quality in last 2 RBD experiences - am sure they are being decimated by competition in each category

hard to find a less impressively run company
    try underwater salvage... cos its there... somewhere... maybe...

quote:Originally posted by marinesalvor
    You've got no imagination - i can think of plenty.
    Disc: JWI, VCT, VCT010

Stainless Steel Rat - slipping between the cracks.

quote:Originally posted by marinesalvor

appalling service and product quality in last 2 RBD experiences - am sure they are being decimated by competition in each category

IN your case suggest that you stop going there to distress yourself that is there standard and works still opening stores[which costs money which they seem to have] and paying Div`s ,, wish a lot of other Co`s would as well and the share is available another rare thing on the NZX.. [8D]

On the doghouse

quote:Originally posted by BRICKS

IN your case suggest that you stop going there to distress yourself that is there standard and works still opening stores [which costs money which they seem to have] and paying Div`s ,, wish a lot of other Co`s would as well and the share is available another rare thing on the NZX.. [8D]
    Quite right Bricks. RBD isn't a great company, but they do have a remarkably consistant record of paying steady dividends over many years. A record that some of those supposedly stable property companies (Capital Properties, National Property Trust) might learn from.

Yet RBD is consistently rated 20% *below* those companies on a dividend yield basis! How many years of outperforming property companies does RBD have to put on the board before they are at least rated equally with them? It doesn't matter what the answer is. I have the patience to simply wait, while collecting my well above term deposit rate dividend in the meantime.

In the meantime, on an historic basis, RBD are nearing the top of their long established trading range (takeover spike excepted). So history tells me now is not a good time to buy. But I don't have much reverence for financial history and my most recent buys were well below these price levels anyway!

SNOOPY

Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Advanced Member

Snoopy, TUT, TUT, I know what i would sooner have had over the last 3yrs RBD, KIP, or CNZ. Add the the divedends to the share price, and come back at me.
    FEB 2003 to feb 2006 Take that black patch of that eye and think about it. macdunk

On the doghouse

quote:Originally posted by duncan macgregor

Snoopy, TUT, TUT, I know what i would sooner have had over the last 3yrs RBD, KIP, or CNZ. Add the the dividends to the share price, and come back at me.
    FEB 2003 to feb 2006 Take that black patch of that eye and think about it. macdunk
    OK Macdunk, lend me your time machine and I'll sell my RBD shares three years ago and invest in KIP and CNZ.

Unfortunately in my world I can only invest going forwards. My comparison was pitching yields going forwards against long term average yields.

SNOOPY

Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7