sharetrader

Threaded View

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Anyway, I don't want to be too critical of Russel as generally I think he is an outstanding chief executive, even if I don't agree with every decision he makes. I do expect the RBD share price to drop after the offer is complete, although not by as much as some think. But I wouldn't be surprised if in twelve months time the price of those remaining shares is north of $9.45.
    Following my March 2019 post, the remaining shares are trading at $9.45 already! I have to admit I am stunned as there has been no real strategic news following on from the closing of the takeover offer at an effective price of $8.89 (my post 2439). Big announcements expected at the upcoming AGM? I am also surprised that RBD is hanging onto its position in the NZX50 now that 75% of the shares are locked up. I am still hanging on to the balance of my shares post the takeover.

Feeling a bit guilty now with my campaign to convince shareholders that the share price would fall substantially post takeover. But I don't retract any of my analysis that lead me to that decision. Maybe it is just a case of the market behaving in mysterious ways over the short term?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 20-06-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7