sharetrader
Page 101 of 291 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2905

Winner 69 does that mean that their fall has been only 8.5% if this is the case they would have increased their market share but still going down gurgler
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    According to the 'Sharechat' charts the price two years ago was $1.10.

Actually you are right Macdunk. I was looking at the one year chart where the share price was 80c a year ago. It is now 86c and add to that the 6.5c of dividends received over the last 12 months makes a total of 92.5c. That is a 15.6% return after tax. Not too shabby at all, and it beats you Australian cash holdings which is of course the main thing :-).

Come to think of it though, even though I was looking at the wrong chart, the two year return is still -7.5% per year. I think I might still be right! Is there any NZX retail share out there that has performed 'better' over the most recent two year period?

SNOOPY
    Your post is suggesting the same scenario as some beggar saying in Zimbabwe, i am richer than Bill Gates. I just made $100b in one day.

Snoppy. At what point will you say that "Snoppy was wrong"?

I know you love stocks that pay divies but at what price? Unless someone buys out RBD how can this stock go any other way?
    Last edited by Nitaa; 22-07-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nita View Post
    Your post is suggesting the same scenario as some beggar saying in Zimbabwe, i am richer than Bill Gates. I just made $100b in one day.

Snoppy. At what point will you say that "Snoppy was wrong"?

I know you love stocks that pay divies but at what price? Unless someone buys out RBD how can this stock go any other way?
    NITA, I take it my mate SNOOPY is on holiday in Australia so i will answer for him. Snoopy will never say he is wrong and sell out. He buys more of the same to average down giving him a cheaper average entry price. he accumulates to his losses each time he gets it wrong.
    I had some young visitors last friday so told them it was take aways for dinner. I thought out of morbid curiousity to get them KFC just to test their reaction. They all wanted Macdonalds but i told them KFC was better.
    The general opinion was that it was YUCK.
    I myself thought it was putrid even although i liked the coldslaw and finished up only eating that and the mashed potatoes. The chicken tasted like boiled crow the young visitors made me promise never to go there again. Macdunk

Had KFC for the first time the other day - the chicken was rubbish. Tried Pizza Hut with the rugby the other weekend - thick base with no topping. I will stick to Spagalimis Pizza.

Question Duck

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    NITA, I take it my mate SNOOPY is on holiday in Australia so i will answer for him. Snoopy will never say he is wrong and sell out. He buys more of the same to average down giving him a cheaper average entry price. he accumulates to his losses each time he gets it wrong.
    I had some young visitors last friday so told them it was take aways for dinner. I thought out of morbid curiousity to get them KFC just to test their reaction. They all wanted Macdonalds but i told them KFC was better.
    The general opinion was that it was YUCK.
    I myself thought it was putrid even although i liked the coldslaw and finished up only eating that and the mashed potatoes. The chicken tasted like boiled crow the young visitors made me promise never to go there again. Macdunk
    AFTER all that you should have had DUCK... Quack..

Quote Originally Posted by funguspudding View Post
    So that’s 73% of Australian stores closing within five days!

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    So that’s 73% of Australian stores closing within five days!
    This must have a significant implications for the NZ stores. So, RBD has Pizza hut and Starbucks which are dogs. Only thing worth anything in the RBD stable is KFC.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

What I find significant with the massive closure of Australian Starbucks is that the incredibly strong Aussie dollar would surely be a beacon of good news to a weak US Dollar based Starbucks....assuming any money was being made?

Historically, global US based companies like McDonalds and Coca-Cola(and I would have thought Starbucks) have been investment havens for a weakening US Dollar and weakening US economy as they all have incredibly strong, vibrant, and growing foreign(Non-US) markets.

Australia is about as insulated as you can get globally from the various economic and financial woes the globe is facing with its immense commodity wealth and diversified economic base.......if Starbucks is pulling the pin the level of my confusion in attemtping to understand what is going on has sunk to an even darker shade of opaque

Exclamation RBD has TURNOVER..

YOU cant compare USA, AUS to NZ mainly by size, So whats wrong in Oz coffee cafes are rare
    and the population don't go to these places because its to dam Hot but they are in the mid city locations with 80 odd for AUS you would not see them and shutting 61 is a wipe out leaving about 7 in each capital but the one at Sydney Airport dose a roaring trade.

Rents in AU you cant believe so it is NO surprise to see them GO.

NZ they may trim but will not shut DOWN..

Dr Who to best of my knowledge Starbucks are company owned (Yum Brands) in Australia and NZ is a franchise & Yum Brands gets an income even if RBD is going down the tubes
    Possum The Cat