sharetrader
Page 111 of 291 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2905

Have to assume that the 9 mill shares odd get shared around a few holders .... no SSH since

Default KFC the wonder DRUG..

JUST read about KFC world wide is going gang busters and back at headquarters in USA stated that in Britain they will build another 300 stores and train 9,000 chicken chef`s
    [what ever that is] and happy to do it, now back home NO notice about the AMP sale
    but i think they upwards of 12 months to notify so with this all going on and not that many good things to buy that is SAFE "BRICKS" may resume buying RBD..

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    JUST read about KFC world wide is going gang busters and back at headquarters in USA stated that in Britain they will build another 300 stores and train 9,000 chicken chef`s
    [what ever that is] and happy to do it, now back home NO notice about the AMP sale
    but i think they upwards of 12 months to notify so with this all going on and not that many good things to buy that is SAFE "BRICKS" may resume buying RBD..
    Bricks whatever is happening in the UK market will not help RBD. If you really want to benefit from the worldwide expansion of KFC, I suggest you buy YUM Brands (NYSX listed).

We won't have to wait twelve months to find out where those AMP RBD shares went because the RBD annual report will be due around May.

Nevertheless you do have to be careful what you buy in this market. I have gone back to the old chesnut of shares with relatively inelastic revenues (like utilities and food companies) who have their debt situation well under control.

I have done a sweep of the NZX listed shares and the share that keeps coming to the top of my buy list is RBD. Perhaps we won't see much growth. But that 15% yield I think is incredible with bank deposit rates now below 5%. RBD is about the only retailer that hasn't made a major profit downgrade. Try as I might to find a better retail investment, I can't do it.

Just to prove I haven't got stars in my eyes I am aware of the ongoing negotiations with YUM regarding Pizza Hut franchise renewals. I know that YUM won't be keen to lose half the Pizza Hut chain which could happen if RBD does not renew the big tranche of franchises in 2010. I guess the big unknown is whether YUM can force RBD into a slow and painful exit from Pizza Hut N.Z. as happened in Victoria. The problem is now, what private operator in sensible mind would lay out big dollars to buy a PH Franchise off RBD? And what bank would lend to them? I believe both Chairman Van Arkel and CEO Russel Creedy are the men to talk tough on these franchise renewal deals. 'Roll over and giggle' is no longer an acceptable renegotiation stance in my view. The latest quarterly sales should be out soon, but really until we know the outcome of these Pizza Hut negotiations the medium term profitability of Pizza Hut is uncertain.

Not uncertain enough to put me off investing though. I bought a few more RBD shares last week when the buy order I handed to my broker seven weeks ago was finally acted on!

SNOOPY

discl: hold RBD, YUM
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Arrow Thanks snoopy..

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Bricks whatever is happening in the UK market will not help RBD. If you really want to benefit from the worldwide expansion of KFC, I suggest you buy YUM Brands (NYSX listed).
    -----------------
    ONLY stated what HQ, stated knowing it did not assist NZ but the trend is world wide
    only yesterday on our ABC news McDonald's is to open 27 ,2009 and 79 the year later
    that tells you something..
    -----------------

We won't have to wait twelve months to find out where those AMP RBD shares went because the RBD annual report will be due around May.

-----------------
    RIGHT
    -----------------
    Nevertheless you do have to be careful what you buy in this market. I have gone back to the old chestnut of shares with relatively inelastic revenues (like utilities and food companies) who have their debt situation well under control.

I have done a sweep of the NZX listed shares and the share that keeps coming to the top of my buy list is RBD. Perhaps we won't see much growth. But that 15% yield I think is incredible with bank deposit rates now below 5%. RBD is about the only retailer that hasn't made a major profit downgrade. Try as I might to find a better retail investment, I can't do it.

---------------------
    BANK deposits in AU have gone underground savings accounts .5% and DEP`s less than 4%
    if a slight div reduction did occur which it wont still very GOOD..
    ---------------------

Just to prove I haven't got stars in my eyes I am aware of the ongoing negotiations with YUM regarding Pizza Hut franchise renewals. I know that YUM won't be keen to lose half the Pizza Hut chain which could happen if RBD does not renew the big tranche of franchises in 2010. I guess the big unknown is whether YUM can force RBD into a slow and painful exit from Pizza Hut N.Z. as happened in Victoria. The problem is now, what private operator in sensible mind would lay out big dollars to buy a PH Franchise off RBD? And what bank would lend to them? I believe both Chairman Van Arkel and CEO Russel Creedy are the men to talk tough on these franchise renewal deals. 'Roll over and giggle' is no longer an acceptable renegotiation stance in my view. The latest quarterly sales should be out soon, but really until we know the outcome of these Pizza Hut negotiations the medium term profitability of Pizza Hut is uncertain.

---------------
    PIZZA like water will find its own level as long as the NZ board don't get great ideas
    again..
    ----------------

Not uncertain enough to put me off investing though. I bought a few more RBD shares last week when the buy order I handed to my broker seven weeks ago was finally acted on!

---------------
    yer right its a BUY..

----------------
    SNOOPY

discl: hold RBD, YUM
    HAVE to say this again because it wont send its a BUY,, Regards BRICKS..

A profit upgrade! IN this kind of environment? This stock is gonna rock tomorrow?

Arrow KFC the wonder DRUG..

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    A profit upgrade! IN this kind of environment? This stock is gonna rock tomorrow?
    IT could have not happen to a better STOCK, good on you KFC..

Watch those tubs of KFC fly out of the door as the economic downturn bites deeper and harder. Best value for money.

Starting to look solid. Awww how cute, Snoopy and Phaedrus could be in the same stock soon.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Watch those tubs of KFC fly out of the door as the economic downturn bites deeper and harder. Best value for money.

Obviously you are talking about the shares. You couldn't possibly mean the chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by funguspudding View Post
    Obviously you are talking about the shares. You couldn't possibly mean the chicken.
    Best value for money = filling = tasty, fat, greasy, deep-fried.