sharetrader
Page 118 of 291 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2905

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    I don't think it's all that new. I used to work in Otahuhu until a couple of years ago and boxes were flying (excuse the pun) out the door to the Islands from the KFC there. And when lining up to check in at the airport half the luggage on the plane to Rarotonga is KFC. And why not? A nice piece of KFC is great.
    Sounds like the trend has accelerated as I am told it's unbelievable the quantity being 'exported'. That Ted Van Arkle is a good operator and know how to maximise an opportunity. He made a huge success of Foodtown/Countdown and looks like he is going to do the same with RBD. Amazing what a difference good management can do. Lucky it wasn't sold to private equity a couple of years ago.

Here's to having pasta this week!

Looks like Hell is going to get back to being proper competition for Pizza Hutt.....

Warren Powell, Callum Davies and Stu McMullin, who first opened Hell Pizza in 2003, have bought the New Zealand franchise back from the local owners of Burger King.

Arrow WELL you now KNOW..

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Naum View Post
    Looks like Hell is going to get back to being proper competition for Pizza Hutt.....

Warren Powell, Callum Davies and Stu McMullin, who first opened Hell Pizza in 2003, have bought the New Zealand franchise back from the local owners of Burger King.
    AND why did Burger King sell because its headed out the front door just the same as
    BK in Australia.. HELL is NO match for PIZZA HUT..

Hell Pizza operates in a different market segment from PH.

Watch PH take back market share when the stores are franchised out.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I disagree. When my kids want some pizza, I'll go to Hell because the Pizza is better. But if there was no Hell close by, I'll have to go to Pizza Hut. Just because they are priced differently doesn't mean they compete in the different market segments.
    Last edited by The BOWMAN; 13-05-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Watch PH take back market share when the stores are franchised out.
    Balance, could you explain further about the difference in Pizza markets please.

Arrow Mr BOWMAN..

Quote Originally Posted by The BOWMAN View Post
    I disagree. When my kids want some pizza, I'll go to Hell because the Pizza is better. But if there was no Hell close by, I'll have to go to Pizza Hut. Just because they are priced differently doesn't mean they compete in the different market segments.
    AND all your saying is a matter of choice so Pizza Hut has more stores than Hell so
    you already know the WINNER..

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    AND all your saying is a matter of choice so Pizza Hut has more stores than Hell so
    except quantity doesnt always make quality. In sales who has what market share? eg dominos and all the other main players

Just tried one of the pasta dishes. Only two available at the moment. Chicken and mushroom or meatballs and cheese and only in the $17.99, serves four, size.

VERY nice! Prefer it to pizza. Should be a goer I'd say, and my local store said last night there seemed to be a bit of 'pasta for the ladies and pizza for the blokes' going on. Hopefully the result will be increased sales all round.

Nice one Mr Diab. I Hope the shares he continues to buy look cheap from further down the road.
    Last edited by biker; 13-05-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    Sign... Thought you could do better.