sharetrader
Page 136 of 291 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2905

Default Kapity road paraparaumu..

WELL just when things where looking up for para Pizza hut along come HELL and built a new one opposite this can only mean a set back for PH in a very tight market but today up went the s/price it was noted yesterday
    that they are still talking about selling Starbucks for 10 million so what would they do with the money first pay back
    debt then throw the rest of the money at the SHAREHOLDERS......

WAS informed yesterday that the frame has gone up to the new LEVIN KFC as the TV add in AUSTRALIA goes " It wont be long now GUYS."

Super Investor

Hey snoopy
    You still loaded up with these? I just opened my account.
    h2

Smile Going to the moon, alice..

YET up again but RBD cant just make that $2.40 of Snoopy's call but it seems it will come..

Meanwhile back at Levin KFC the roof is up and starting to look like the modern KFC style this will be a good earner when going as it is on State Highway 1 the new Wellington Airport to Levin new 4 lane super highway right to our front DOOR....

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    Hey snoopy
    You still loaded up with these? I just opened my account.
    Yes still hanging in there. Can't see any reason to reduce my holding below that $2.40 price. Even when I 'sell down' , I still expect RBD to be my largest NZX investment.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Starbucks not on the market

Starbucks is not actively for sale, its New Zealand franchise holder Restaurant Brands says.

The coffee house chain was reported to be on the market recently for between $10 million and $20m, but the pricing had been a throwaway comment by the chief executive, said Restaurant Brands chief financial officer, Grant Ellis.

"The short answer is, it's not actively on the market, but all our businesses are for sale at the right price," he said.

Would-be buyers had since offered to take individual stores off the company's hands, but Mr Ellis said it was more likely to sell the New Zealand chain in its entirety.

percy

One cann't help but think of the Tui billboard,"Yeah Right".

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    One cann't help but think of the Tui billboard,"Yeah Right".
    Still a lot of cynicism out there regarding RBD, but as the Chairman reminded us at the AGM:

"Restaurant Brands has been the best performer on the NZX50 gaining more than 120%. Those who bought the stock 12 months ago at about $1 a share (or even earlier at the 65 cent mark) have enjoyed a substantial gain to current levels of $2.30 a share."

On 28th February 2002 there were 8858 individual shareholders in RBD. Roll on eight years and the number is 5643. That represents a moderate investment disaster for the 3215 former shareholders who have left in the interim. The wise chartists might have timed thier re-entry, but on balance many of those former RBD investors are not looking that wise.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Still a lot of cynicism out there regarding RBD, but as the Chairman reminded us at the AGM:

"Restaurant Brands has been the best performer on the NZX50 gaining more than 120%. Those who bought the stock 12 months ago at about $1 a share (or even earlier at the 65 cent mark) have enjoyed a substantial gain to current levels of $2.30 a share."

On 28th February 2002 there were 8858 individual shareholders in RBD. Roll on eight years and the number is 5643. That represents a moderate investment disaster for the 3215 former shareholders who have left in the interim. The wise chartists might have timed thier re-entry, but on balance many of those former RBD investors are not looking that wise.

SNOOPY
    All credit to RBD and shareholders.Still think they would like to be rid of Starbucks, and the remark that it was not actively for sale stirred me to say Yeah right.
    Last edited by percy; 06-07-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    All credit to RBD and shareholders.Still think they would like to be rid of Starbucks, and the remark that it was not actively for sale stirred me to say Yeah right.
    You can buy the lot for just $2.30 per share............... bargain!!!!
    h2