sharetrader
Page 146 of 291 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2905
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    WB is more of a trader than you think, Snoopy.
    You might be surprised to learn that his median holding period is one year......................
    Only 20% of his stocks are held for more than two years...............
    and approximately 30% of his stocks are sold within six months.
    Interesting Phaedrus. Where do these stats come from?

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Why don't you sell 28% of your existing holding and then you could say that whats left are free ..... cost you zilch .... zero ... nought .... surely a great opportunity to average down even more.
    Well I could take all the money I have put into RBD off the table save for one measly dollar. Then I could quote fantastic percentage returns I had made from my remaining investment dollar more of less regardless of where the RBD share price ends up. Would that satisfy you Winner?

Then all discussions/debate between you and Phaedrus would be dead .... you win lock stock and barrel
    I am not really interested in winning some contrived statistical game Winner.

SNOOPY

Advanced Member

Default Buffett's trading stats

These came from a recent paper on Warren Buffett's investments by Hughes, Liu and Zhang.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act_id=1635061

Question BRICKS to have MAJOR SUGERY..

BRICKS is of to hospital for major surgery and hopes he will come out alive so before going SOLD 2000 RBD just to say
    well I collected some money for all our efforts so with all this current crap talk about up`s & downs BRICKS would
    rather have FULL HEALTH.. GOOD LUCK..

Veteran novice

And all the best to you, BRICKS.

Look forward to seeing you resume posting in near future.

Cheers

Super Investor

Perfect trade Bricks.

I am sure your surgery will be perfect.
    Last edited by h2so4; 23-08-2010 at 12:07 PM.
    h2

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    BRICKS is of to hospital for major surgery and hopes he will come out alive so before going SOLD 2000 RBD just to say
    well I collected some money for all our efforts so with all this current crap talk about up`s & downs BRICKS would
    rather have FULL HEALTH.. GOOD LUCK..
    I was just thinking about you.Was going to look out for you at SCY's AGM tomorrow.All the best with the major surgery,and I look forward to you keeping us updated on your health.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    BRICKS is of to hospital for major surgery and hopes he will come out alive so before going SOLD 2000 RBD just to say well I collected some money for all our efforts
    Glad you managed to get out on top Bricks. And thanks for the moral support on this investment over the years. I hope the hospital rebuild goes as well as you can expect, and get back to us when you are back up to speed. You certainly will never be 'just another brick in the wall' here.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 23-08-2010 at 06:41 PM.

On the doghouse

Thanks for that Phaedrus. Some think that Buffett invests always along the lines of one investing model, as outlined in those Buffett books. But this isn't true. Buffett frequently takes advantage of short term arbitrage opportunities. For example after a takeover offer is announced he often buys into the takeover target. Often the returns on these plays are quite small in percentage terms. But the high certainty of a result, Berkshire's scale and the ability to repeat the process on a subsequent takeover target means that from an annual perspective, these deals can be lucrative. That helps explain many of those short term deals identified in the research paper.

SNOOPY

Share Collector

Default CEO: Things to do list

1. Buy back the "pizza hutt" domain from Domino's (for patrons in Upper Hutt and Lower Hutt that are confused about how to spell "Hut")
    2. Insist that after 1 year/5 long-winded phone calls to our help desk, that our web-site should be able to take delivery orders from Porirua for houses previously covered by (now defunct) Mana.
    3. Consider retiring delivery staff that are too old to recognise current New Zealand currency or provide correct change to such in under 5 minutes.
    4. Check that BRICKS has recovered from surgery...