sharetrader
Page 163 of 291 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2905

Snoopy Check the history of the Sizzler stores in Queensland They were having a lot of problems some years back. It is five years since this cat lived in Queensland.
    Possum The Cat

Went to KFC for the first time in at least 10 years, really just so I could spend the free voucher that came with the shareholder meeting info. It was pretty good actually.

We wondered what the venn diagram would look like of KFC customers vs KFC shareholders

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Blendy View Post
    We wondered what the venn diagram would look like of KFC customers vs KFC shareholders
    Just two in that intersecting region: you and I Blendy. Or should I say just two who would admit to it.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Super Investor

SD
    So your investment in RBD is just another hedging play, so you can keep getting fat on dividends and chicken wings.
    h2

hahaha!

On the doghouse

Default RBD HY2012 Q2 Sales Released

Good operational results from Starbucks today, with per store sales up 6.2% on last year. It is a shame that 3 stores were lost in the Christchurch CBD. But that won’t affect RBD until next year when presumably the business interruption insurance runs out. Nevertheless I doubt that Starbucks after tax profit will be up because administrative overheads are being shared between six less stores for HY2012.

Pizza Hut per store sales down a further 13.5% from last years low figure is a bit of a disaster. I wonder if RBD can claim disaster insurance here for their disastrous management of Pizza Hut in New Zealand? Are any of the recently sold to owner franchiser stores doing better, now they are out from the RBD management umbrella? I am picking some more significant goodwill write-downs as RBD offload their Pizza Hut cast offs.

The KFC result with same store sales down 3.5% was a little disappointing. Disappointing that is, given all the hype around the ‘Double Down’ promotion that occurred over the period (even I bought one). What would KFC results have been like without ‘Double Down’? Perhaps that isn’t the question to ask. Overall I think the KFC marketing team did a good job in an otherwise difficult retail environment.

The October 19th headline profit result I predict will be headline poor. However, I believe that stripping out the non cash items, RBD has the cashflow to maintain their dividend at last year’s 7.0cps fully imputed. Likewise I will be maintaining my holding of RBD shares by not selling any. I don’t expect the RBD share price to be affected much because at $2.20 it is trading on such a modest earnings multiple.

SNOOPY

No more news on a flagship Taco Bell. I thought RBD would have fired another shot by now, perhaps in time for RWC. McD's has opened another outlet, not 100m from an existing.

Any insights?

On the doghouse

No more news on a flagship Taco Bell. Any insights?
    Creedy on radio. No Taco Bell until RBD growth resumes.

SNOOPY

The beatings will continue until morale improves; got it.
    J5

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    The beatings will continue until morale improves; got it.
    Further insight you have into current RBD management practices would be appreciated jonny5.

SNOOPY