sharetrader
Page 199 of 291 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2905
    The Wolf of Sharetrader

How are you chaps valuing this company? Anybody kind enough to share?

Going from the ASB and ANZ data, earnings in millions for the last few years have gone $20, 24, 17, 16, 20, 24 (most recent). So the last couple of years have shown good growth but really only back towards previous levels.

Earnings yield is only 5.5% That's earning yield not even divvy. So what growth are you factoring in to get to the current price of $4.44?

Cheers NBT

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Last quarters sales more than solid ......almost brilliant

that 5 bucks even closer now blackcap

https://www.nzx.com/companies/RBD/announcements/265205
    Hi Winner, looks like another NPX here too.... following similar squiggly lines. I am a fundamental investor.... but am starting to realise the value of those lines you keep going on about. $5 here we come and time to sell a few

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    How are you chaps valuing this company? Anybody kind enough to share?

Going from the ASB and ANZ data, earnings in millions for the last few years have gone $20, 24, 17, 16, 20, 24 (most recent). So the last couple of years have shown good growth but really only back towards previous levels.

Earnings yield is only 5.5% That's earning yield not even divvy. So what growth are you factoring in to get to the current price of $4.44?

Cheers NBT
    I would like to "second" that question. KFC is in my opinion pure filth, absolutely toxic to the body of anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle. Its amongst the very worst kinds of junk food you could possibly eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I would like to "second" that question. KFC is in my opinion pure filth, absolutely toxic to the body of anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle. Its amongst the very worst kinds of junk food you could possibly eat.
    I agree Roger. Speaking from a health standpoint, KFC and Carls Jr are up there as some of the worse food options.
    I personally live a very healthy and active life style and I can count the amount of times I have had KFC and Carls on one hand. And 4 out of the 5 times is because I had no other option.
    But you can't deny RBD has solid management because despite the global trend of healthy eating and years of media abuse towards these sorts of establishments... they have continued to grow. Although their 'innovations' don't stretch much further than including Rugby balls to promote their support of Rugby... it simply works. That latest sales promotion was a huge success and then there is their Zinger range, Double downs and 'special recipe chicken' etc, all things iconic - and popular - to the KFC brand.
    You may (like me) not support, love, or eat it but the fact is a lot of people DO. I feel as though people are more educated about healthy eating these days but they continue to slip into the trap of fast food. Whether it is because we lead busy lives and want something cheap and quick or simply because it is satisfying, I don't know. But it is there... always. And it works.

I haven't discussed much about the fundamentals or numbers but I think the simple fact that it has continued to thrive in an industry constantly hit with abuse says something about RBD. I'm a happy holder but you would rarely find me in one of their stores. Goes against most of my personal rules when investing (e.g I fly AIR whenever possible, but I wouldn't eat KFC whenever possible lol!) so i'm conflicted but I've made an exception for RBD.

Banned

You would find them in low socio-economic zones...these are the people who eat these kind of foods. If you drive through eastern suburbs etc you can't see any of these outlets. They say that there is pandemic of diseases and illness such as diabetes, over weight etc. At the expense of peoples lives....others are making money.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Regi View Post
    I personally live a very healthy and active life style
    Same but I think it is finger licking good. Have it about 1 a month as a treat. And seriously, if you have done a hard workout, the protein in a double down will be far more beneficial than the bad stuff is detrimental.

Moderation is the key which is what most people overlook. Having said that, a bit disappointing that the new brand they decided to introduce was Carls Jr. A healthier mexican offering would have been better for the country.

Still in an uptrend so that is all I need to know.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Regi View Post
    . I'm a happy holder but you would rarely find me in one of their stores. Goes against most of my personal rules when investing (e.g I fly AIR whenever possible, but I wouldn't eat KFC whenever possible lol!) so i'm conflicted but I've made an exception for RBD.
    Tell you wahat Regi... If you give me your address I will send you a pre-paid self addressed envelope and I will gladly take your annual voucher off your hands :P (jokes aside, I have been living healthily lately too and find I do tend to go there less and less. Had some KFC after completing my marathon but it was a lot less satisfying than I can remember. So maybe the body is telling me something)

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    if you have done a hard workout, the protein in a double down will be far more beneficial than the bad stuff is detrimental.
    ...more beneficial than, er, what? I think I get what you are saying in the sense of consuming protein after a work out - I always do. But I would never get it from a double down with everything else there is on offer! I'd take a Whey shake over a DD any day... although like you said, it IS mighty good. But hey, cheat day am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Moderation is the key which is what most people overlook. A healthier mexican offering would have been better for the country.
    Couldn't agree more... I'm holding out for Chipotle to come here!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Tell you wahat Regi... If you give me your address I will send you a pre-paid self addressed envelope and I will gladly take your annual voucher off your hands :P (jokes aside, I have been living healthily lately too and find I do tend to go there less and less. Had some KFC after completing my marathon but it was a lot less satisfying than I can remember.
    You've got dibs on it now! Will save me the temptation of using it myself, because who doesn't like free stuff??

I've always found alcohol and fast food brands sponsoring sports events and teams ironic. At least it has progressed from ciggy brands! But like anything, in moderation it's fine indulging in this stuff occasionally!

P.S If post-marathon is the only time you eat at KFC now... do more of them and get their sales up for my lack of presence! hehe

I am extremely impressed with the latest KFC shareholder voucher.
    A 2 PIECE QUARTER PACK!!!
    Best voucher so far in the past 5 years.
    I dunno about you guys, but I intend to enjoy my free treat at the new KFC in Albany. LOL