sharetrader
Page 206 of 292 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2917

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    What are the squiggly lines telling you on this one winner? Time to get out or was that a while back?
    I only have a small holding (so I can get my free meal in July) so its irrelevant really but from an academic point of view.....
    All gone now. Last lot went when 200ma was breached

A good multi-year trade it was.

Maybe another time we will see the sort of action
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That bonus is getting further and further away

Might never get it if the market turns turtle
    Blimey RBD up nearly 5% today on no news! Russel's bonus clock just started ticking again. Actually there was one bit of news. ACC has been buying. But it was only in June that they finished their long steady selldown before reversing things not even two months later. I do wonder about some of these fund managment type people when I see sudden reversals on no news like this.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

I wonder whether they make their investment decisions on FA,TA or just spin the bottle.!!!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I wonder whether they make their investment decisions on FA,TA or just spin the bottle.!!!
    I once met a broker who did some dealings with them... Percy you sum it up quite nicely with your third option

(but generally they get a lot of money and its got to go somewhere. I think they are probably on the register of most NZ listed companies?)
    Last edited by blackcap; 01-09-2015 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Blimey RBD up nearly 5% today on no news! Russel's bonus clock just started ticking again. Actually there was one bit of news. ACC has been buying. But it was only in June that they finished their long steady selldown before reversing things not even two months later. I do wonder about some of these fund managment type people when I see sudden reversals on no news like this.

SNOOPY
    Russel counting the days again ....hope not a is traction?

Last sales report showed KFC still booming

Carls not so hot, definite trend down and their talk that opening activity last year is a bit of smoke and mirrors. But with his bonus on the line Russel wouldn't be too negative would he.

No wonder the share price has surged lately

Great result, well done russel. You deserve your big bonus

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/223621.pdf

Guru

I cannot (well my partner can't) work out why KFC sales would be increasing so much. I do eat it sparingly but she hates it, as do many other people I know. But on the flip side, there are more and more that do enjoy the odd piece of dripping chicken and maybe its becoming more affordable relative to other products out there? Or they are just doing a great job of selling their stores a lot better than their competition. KFC same store sales up 8% is phenomenal. Well done RBD.

anyone else get into Collins - au kfc brand over there stellar results out price up 70% now since mentioned on here
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Should see a $5 in front of the shareprice soon if this goes on much longer...

https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=4044736

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    anyone else get into Collins - au kfc brand over there stellar results out price up 70% now since mentioned on here
    Since mid 2011 (4.5 years ago) , when CKF was first mentioned, the RBD share price has gone from $2.50 to $4.35. Over that time fully imputed dividends of 76cps have been paid. So the compounding rate of return for RBD over that period has been:

$2.50(1+r)^4.5=($4.35+S0.76) => (1+r)^4.5 = 2.044 => r=0.172

This is a compounding annual rate of return of 17.2%.

So not too shabby: a total return of over 100% (204.4% -100% =104.4%) for the period. Not sure what the equivalent figure for Collins is as you haven't told us what the dividends from Collins were over the period (remember ther are no imputation credits for NZ investors though - they pay NZ tax on any Collins dividends). Collins returns may even be a little better.

But given the currency risk, and execution risk from the unproven Collins managment team (looked at through 2011 eyes) I am very happy that I kept all my RBD cash together and did not diversify into Collins. Congratulations to those who took the risk and did well with CKF though.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 18-12-2015 at 05:16 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7