sharetrader
Page 221 of 291 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2905

I've got these as a short term hold. Holding until reports come out (which will be very positive, partly due to currency) and people become comfortable with the new growth settled in... Then I will reassess.

I'm undecided if it's a good long term hold. On one hand, I like that fast food will always be prevalent because most people have no taste, no money and are lazy, so it's always a good option. On the other hand, the industry is a bit like a brawl in a pit of mud, and there can be losers. Of course this is balanced by the fact that there are many outlets and a few different brands there - which I like.

Also the dividend is usually a high %

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

Being significantly overweight in RBD myself before the capital raising, I took the opportunity to become 'worringly overweight' by taking up all my rights. This has paid off big time for me as the share price regains levels way above the discounted rights price level at which I bought in!

SNOOPY
    Good on you Snoops me old mate

From sub $1 about 8 years ago to close on $6 is pretty good effort eh

Every time I think the party is over and it's time to finally get rid of this dog it has another spurt ....upwards

Maybe the party will end at $10 in 2020 .. who knows

We need to salivate over the chart every now and again don't we Snoops (even tough baa_baa will tell me off for drawing lines on it)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Yes I think the old Macquaries,new Hobson, would agree with your $10 in 2020.
    In the meantime I will hold,as the share price $5.63, is above both the 100 day EMA $5.22,and the 200 day EMA $5.13..

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs up RBD vs MFT --- a partial update

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    {from 4-Aug-2008} Exactly 5 years ago Restaurant Brands closed at $1.30.
    Unless I have missed a share split or something then in the intermediate 5 years one would have received 42c (10c, 10c, 10c, 5.5c & 6.5c) in dividends and your shares closed today at 75c.

Interestingly enough Mainfreight closed at $1.30 each as well.
    You would have received 84c in dividends (6.5c, 6.5c, 12c, 15c + 28c special, 18c) and your shares closed today at $6.89.

regards
    Paper Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good on you Snoops me old mate

From sub $1 about 8 years ago to close on $6 is pretty good effort eh

Every time I think the party is over and it's time to finally get rid of this dog it has another spurt ....upwards

Maybe the party will end at $10 in 2020 .. who knows

We need to salivate over the chart every now and again don't we Snoops (even tough baa_baa will tell me off for drawing lines on it)
    Due to gaps in my data I can give only a partial update.

But over the last 7.5 years (27-Jul-09 to 27-Jan-17) total returns for RBD have been 739% profit as opposed to a mere 469% profit for MFT.

For the gap between 4-Aug-08 and 27-Jul-09 RBD also did significantly (maybe +40% vs -30% ish) better.

But for the entire time-span from 4-Aug-03 to now MFT would be still be the winner.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: own neither
    om mani peme hum

There was a story in the press over weekend about KFC Whangarei (i think) closing because there was no staff. Thought judt the usual media beat up

Last night talk back was alive with KFC horror stories. From North Cape to Bluff punters talking about closed stores, dirty stores, bugs aplenty,****e service and unbelievably running out of chicken.

Made me wonder heck wonder how they sell so much

But Marcus did say share price doing OK so shareholders happy

percy

A friend of my wife's half witted son worked [?] at KFC Linwood.Often forgot to go to work, while other times couldn't be bothered.If they rang for him to fill in for some one he wouldn't.[because he had made other arrangements,like watching TV.]
    I would think trying to have full rosters of "able workers" on deck would be near impossible.
    Maybe they need to employ pensioners.Your mates at the bowling club W69, could use the pay to make up their CVT loses?
    Yes I am still holding.
    Last edited by percy; 14-02-2017 at 10:03 AM. Reason: CVT not CVY

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A friend of my wife's half witted son worked [?] at KFC Linwood.Often forgot to go to work, while other times couldn't be bothered.If they rang for him to fill in for some one he wouldn't.[because he had made other arrangements,like watching TV.]
    I would think trying to have full rosters of "able workers" on deck would be near impossible.
    Maybe they need to employ pensioners.Your mates at the bowling club W69, could use the pay to make up their CVY loses?
    Yes I am still holding.
    Apparently many McDonald stores have gone the Bunnings way and employing 'older' workers because they are more reliable and have a greater degree of work ethic.

My neighbour and his mates might have to join in one day....still lamenting being sucked into buying shares in the chase for higher yield than term deposits

Handsome Member

There is never an excuse for not being able to get good workers, I blame management for that. In 90 days a good management team can tell if a staff member is a good fit for their business or not. Age should not be a factor in the work place, if the best fit for the job is 100 years old so be it. End of the day there are a heap of talented and skilled foreigners looking for the opportunity. I have had family friends who have worked in different stores owned by restaurant brands and it's a management issue when it comes to staffing. They employ anyone as long as they fill a roster and I agree with Percy - family friend shows up to work dressed like a clown and with no sense of time, yet he still stays employed at the store. Many other fast food stores run really well and efficiently with good staff, so no excuses for KFC.

Disc: still holding
    Last edited by LAC; 14-02-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Should never run out of chicken either

Bad processes - and bad management

But the share price keeps going up so no worries

Lol it's not identifying the bad, it's finding the good that's difficult. Have you ever tried recruiting? It's a nightmare of crap applicants. People are useless.