sharetrader
Page 222 of 291 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2905

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Lol it's not identifying the bad, it's finding the good that's difficult.
    Absolutely bang on. Finding good and reliable employee in this sector is close to mission impossible.

Advanced Member

Lol it's not identifying the bad, it's finding the good that's difficult. Have you ever tried recruiting? It's a nightmare of crap applicants. People are useless.
    Agree, I've recruited plenty and not entry level either. Huge pile of CVs - sometimes upwards of 50, and lucky to find two for interview. Problems included - no experience, let along relevant experience, no work permit, really poor English, big CV dates gaps, mates as the only referees.

Lol it's not identifying the bad, it's finding the good that's difficult. Have you ever tried recruiting? It's a nightmare of crap applicants. People are useless.
    Good candidates are not going to line up for jobs in the fast food industry.

Minimum wages, flexible hours (dictated by the stores), awful monotonous working environment (especially KFC with all that grease and smell) and no real prospects.

But it is what it is.

I'm unemployed & recently went on a WINZ course on how to write a CV.
    Relatively few of my fellow course-mates would I consider employing ( if I was still an employer ) , and of those few, they would only be on this course for a few days before being finding a job.
    Some were so incensed at having to attend the course they would prefer to suffer a benefit cut rather than have their "valuable" time wasted attending.
    There were sadly several course-mates who were genuinely wanting to work, & nice friendly people, however they lacked that spark of "common sense" that made them unemployable.

Disc: Hold RBD, but have no intention of working for them.
    I mainly buy their potato & gravy, then take it home to cook my own chicken on BBQ (used to also like their bean salad, wish they would bring it back )

Kura - best of luck with searching for a role, the fact you can explain your personal situation and have some distaste for entitlement probably suggests to me you will find something so keep at it.

On the wider issue, what is happening at KFC and other retail locations is symptomatic of "full employment." We have a labour force participation rate in the low 70s and an unemployment rate of about 5% so it is getting hard to find engaged and/or skilled staff. To fill rosters and vacancies, it's actually really hard to find good people right now. And in a year when the settings for immigration are going to get a look of airplay, some of those roles would have previously been filled with migrants or foreign workers.

To Balance's comment, migrant workers will be happy to have a paying job and get some local experience. They fill a large part of our workforce because they do lineup to work and have certainty of being paid. It's unfortunately often their beachhead into the workforce and it's tough. I've had team members who did pizza deliveries when they got here and now provide decision support - they need a start... but most non migrants consider these jobs and others like them (packing grocery shelves) to be beneath them.

These look like good buying to me, at the moment

Glad I got our at 5.40. I was a bit disappointed I exited early when they went on to 5.60, but always a good feeling when it drops back. I can see these doing well by the end of the year. I might buy back in after my SUM reaches a price that I'm comfortable selling at (5.50-5.65, maybe?)

These look like good buying to me, at the moment

Glad I got our at 5.40. I was a bit disappointed I exited early when they went on to 5.60, but always a good feeling when it drops back. I can see these doing well by the end of the year. I might buy back in after my SUM reaches a price that I'm comfortable selling at (5.50-5.65, maybe?)
    Currently watching with a keen eye, however, it still needs to drop a bit before i will consider pulling the trigger, as the high PE slightly worries me.

They've just broken a new market / country. I think the PE is good. Loads of growth potential. I think the only hold back is people's confidence in their ability to operate successfully in a new country. It's a gamble obviously, but if they can prove themselves by the end of the year, the SP will rocket.

Even if it doesn't go well, the dividend is a comforter.

percy

A lot of revenue growth,but no eps growth.
    I still like them and will continue to hold.
    I see more growth opportunities for them,which I hope will lead to eps growth,otherwise there is no point.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    A lot of revenue growth,but no eps growth.
    I still like them and will continue to hold.
    I see more growth opportunities for them,which I hope will lead to eps growth,otherwise there is no point.
    The outlook sounds promising though, 40mil NPAT. Will see how it plays out and hold.