sharetrader
Page 232 of 291 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2905
    Advanced Member

A bit OT but I have just gifted 1000 RBD shares to a family member for a 21st birthday present. It came with only one condition, and that is they have to allow me to give them a brief financial literacy lecture from time to time! We started with a run through the recent market update and a look at the two and 5 year graphs. Wide eyes at the graphs!

I chose this stock for obvious interest reasons, including good divvies and a free lunch, two if they come to the ASM. Explained DRiPs too.

Baby steps ....

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    A bit OT but I have just gifted 1000 RBD shares to a family member for a 21st birthday present. It came with only one condition, and that is they have to allow me to give them a brief financial literacy lecture from time to time! We started with a run through the recent market update and a look at the two and 5 year graphs. Wide eyes at the graphs!

I chose this stock for obvious interest reasons, including good divvies and a free lunch, two if they come to the ASM. Explained DRiPs too.

Baby steps ....
    Wow, that is a really really good way of getting them into shares. I might try this approach with family as well. It is also good to note that in the Herald article this morning 3 of the brokers have picked RBD for 2018

Great move Artemis to get young family members investing. I like the choice of company where they get to carry out their own quality control on products and can monitor marketing effectiveness. Will also take an added interest in the location of new store openings. Nice one!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    Great move Artemis to get young family members investing. I like the choice of company where they get to carry out their own quality control on products and can monitor marketing effectiveness. Will also take an added interest in the location of new store openings. Nice one!!
    Thanks! When we walked through the market update there was instant feedback - good (KFC), bad (Pizza Hutt), huh? they own Starbucks?, when is CarlsJr coming to Wellington.

I suggested he come along to the next ASM in Wellington and ask some questions. And that there is a good chance a couple of the board and management will have a chat to him afterwards, since he is a key target demographic for them. Unlike most attendees.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    all good then

Never found a reason to sell over the last 10 years ... a seven bagger now

The line will just keep going up and up ..... 8 bucks .... 9 bucks ...10 bucks

When is Taco Bell going to be big in NZ
    Just one of those set and forget picks ... FPH/RBD/ABA imo
    Last edited by hardt; 01-01-2018 at 06:57 PM.

I can remember the dark days when this was an underperforming flea ridden dog...apparently now everything is fine and dandy and the company can do no wrong.
    http://www.4-traders.com/RESTAURANT-...62/financials/ Brokers all seem to like it but a note of caution, average 12 month target price is $7.09, less than the current $7.30.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-01-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I can remember the dark days when this was an underperforming flea ridden dog...apparently now everything is fine and dandy and the company can do no wrong.
    http://www.4-traders.com/RESTAURANT-...62/financials/ Brokers all seem to like it but a note of caution, average 12 month target price is $7.09, less than the current $7.30.
    Your new year resolution should be to wean yourself off this thing called 4-traders and average brokers targets. You know they are rubbish ...being guided by them will get you into trouble (missing opportunities and getting too comfortable with the outrageously high ones)

Jeez they show brokers average target for SUM is $5.63 ....about the current price eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Held it quite a few years ago when it was $3 odd, has had a great run that's for sure, but at current price certainly not a set and forget as hardt suggests IMO. Wouldn't be interested in holding RBD or FPH at their current prices, the biggest gains have come and gone(Unless your a very long term holder) as opposed to the likes of A2, which could add another 50% to it's SP this year.

I like this one but only because its hard for me to not eat KFC when I drive past it! cheap and easy but not the best feeling afterwards!

A little bit surprised that all the brokers have put this one at the top of the list considering the valuation is already so high for it. I feel like a lot of the upside is already priced in.

Also looking at the business its a bit startling how much KFC is the golden goose. Not saying it is a bad thing, but I remember growing up and eating McDonalds all the time. Doesn't get as much of a second look anymore only when I'm desperate and want reminding why I don't. Doesn't look like its cool with the hipster kids anymore too https://news.avclub.com/only-1-in-5-...mac-1798252742

Just saying tastes change very quickly these days, can't see me falling out with fried chicken anytime soon yet!

So...I deleted my weekend rant about how bad this stuff is for you and your arteries. John Ryder said in a recent newsletter protein is where the action is at and chicken is cheep cheep, excuse the corny pun. The fact is this stuff is very cheap and that's why people buy it and if they want to get fat on it and clog their arteries that's not my problem. Three brokers can't all be wrong...probably at least give a market performance this year so I dipped my toe in the water this morning.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine