sharetrader
Page 250 of 291 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2905
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    The other way to look at it is that you received a premium for the shares accepted and you have to net the commission paid on selling the remnants off the disposal. It sounds like a lot to dispose of a small parcel but in context it was a lot better than what you could have sold the shares in total prior to the offer.

If Snoppy is correct THEN Those who offered 100% of their holdings will on the whole proportionally get more of the shares accepted under offer and have a higher weighted average exit price after commission than those who offered less. Reinforces that if you wanted to hold after offer then you have tried to cycle as many shares thru offer to realise max level of control premium.

I haven’t decided whether I will exit small holding after scaling or buy in to top up. I’ll see what price does first.
    I am in that camp too. I tendered all my shares and was looking to top up if the price is right post offer. Happy to get $9.45 for my shares either way as the valuation was looking rather top heavy.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    You won't be the only one blackcap.

Last years earnings were 32.7cps. So the $8.50 you are prepared to pay puts this on an historical PE of 26. There is quite a bit of future growth that you are banking to justify paying a share price like that!

Of course, that is not to say such growth is unattainable. But our Russel has already admitted that expansion by acquisition is not as profitable as expansion by organic growth. He has sort of hinted that down the line there will be a capital raising. Discounted shares will be available at that point I think. But when will that be? And how much will RBD raise? All unknown. The trigger might be RBD purchasing some KFC outlets on the western side of the United States.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    I haven’t decided whether I will exit small holding after scaling or buy in to top up. I’ll see what price does first.
    Since the offer is closed, the price has already done its thing. $8.87 is the new buy in price!

$8.87 / $0.327 = a PE of 27.1 (historical PE)

That seems pretty rich for an operator of someone else's restaurant concepts. Then again maybe this years result is a boomer. I am going to wait for a couple of weeks and find out. But on what I know now, I am not tempted to top up at $8.87. Not yet ready to give up my long RBD association and sell out completely though.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

So the money is in the bank account, but I've not received an email (or snail mail) as yet confirming how many shares I've been scaled down to.

I could calculate it myself based on the Offer Doc but would hate to get the wrong number (and take action on it!)

Has anyone received an official notice?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    So the money is in the bank account, but I've not received an email (or snail mail) as yet confirming how many shares I've been scaled down to.

I could calculate it myself based on the Offer Doc but would hate to get the wrong number (and take action on it!)

go to the computershare website and have a look. you can register for an account there that you can track your holdings, vote at AGM's etc. Quite handy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post

I got the money too.
    Based on the amount I received, 81.44% of my RBD shares were sold to Global Valar.

I also checked my Computershare.
    I can see the number of RBD shares subtracted from my balance, with transaction name "Takeover".

Friend just received payment $26941.95 for 3500 total shares = $7.6977c ........... he's not smiling

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Friend just received payment $26941.95 for 3500 total shares = $7.6977c ........... he's not smiling
    Friend better check that it wasn't 2,851 shares that purchased off him in the deal after he had tendered 3500. That would be 81.45% of shares tendered accepted. About the same ratio as my offering/acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    go to the computershare website and have a look. you can register for an account there that you can track your holdings, vote at AGM's etc. Quite handy at times.
    Thanks - didn't even think to look there but it was exactly what I needed

In hindsight that wasn't a very smart question. I could have simply taken the amount in the bank account divided by $9.45 to work out how many of my shares GV took.

If only I had blonde hair...

Dreamcatcher: suggest your friend checks their balance with Computershare