sharetrader
Page 259 of 291 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 2905

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I see the writer is Alison Mau, #MeTooNZ Reporter for Stuff.

If RBD thinks the CEO apology will shut this scandal down, I suspect they have a rude awakening ahead - there will be many more articles ahead as it's likely that other RBD staff members will come forward and tell their stories.
    As predicted :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/118...stores--survey

"Half of all Restaurant Brand workers who responded to a survey said they'd been personally affected or witness to sexual harassment at work."

Guess Russel is too busy with big deals & acquisitions overseas to get involved in trivial matters like sexual harassment in RBD's stores?

Cases going to court will give him and his HR people ongoing reminders in 2020.

Guru

Shareprice seems to be pumping along. Market says nothing to see here, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Shareprice seems to be pumping along. Market says nothing to see here, no worries.
    Which is kind of a sad commentary on society I guess.

Guru

Not condoning behaviour at all but a few facts. From what I can see a loaded survey question to 9,000 current and ex employees got 168 responses (less than 2%). Of these according to the 'analysis' of the survey by Unite union and Ms Mau, ~50% had some form of concerns re sexual assault, i.e. ~84 or less than 1%. Now I'm not sure what the rate of sexual harassment is in the general working world (not that any is acceptable of course) but this doesn't seem to me to be a rate at RBD that deserves the tag of "Restaurant Brands was by far the worst - which appeared to be a "deep-rooted issue with its company culture".

It is quite possible that Stuff are targeting RBD for whatever reason, and that the culture at McDonalds, Pop and mom restaurant, et al is similar or worse.

Where there is smoke there is fire .... they may think they are sweeping it under the carpet but they are kicking the can down the road by not addressing it. I know of a young CHCH based KFC employee bragging she gets an extra $200 per week in her wages to bonk the boss ...at work!!!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Belle View Post
    Where there is smoke there is fire .... they may think they are sweeping it under the carpet but they are kicking the can down the road by not addressing it. I know of a young CHCH based KFC employee bragging she gets an extra $200 per week in her wages to bonk the boss ...at work!!!
    She'd be much better paid free-lancing in the square.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Belle View Post
    That’s an awful story Southern Belle.

She wouldn’t be bragging if it wasn’t true would she?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That’s an awful story Southern Belle.

She wouldn’t be bragging if it wasn’t true would she?
    Don't bet on that.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Don't bet on that.
    Could be. There's a current article in the Atlantic Monthly called Why Kids Online Are Chasing ‘Clout’.

Basically it has become common for them to do or say whatever it takes for clout. Not new of course, but seems more pervasive among the young who live their lives in social media.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Not condoning behaviour at all but a few facts. From what I can see a loaded survey question to 9,000 current and ex employees got 168 responses (less than 2%). Of these according to the 'analysis' of the survey by Unite union and Ms Mau, ~50% had some form of concerns re sexual assault, i.e. ~84 or less than 1%. Now I'm not sure what the rate of sexual harassment is in the general working world (not that any is acceptable of course) but this doesn't seem to me to be a rate at RBD that deserves the tag of "Restaurant Brands was by far the worst - which appeared to be a "deep-rooted issue with its company culture".

It is quite possible that Stuff are targeting RBD for whatever reason, and that the culture at McDonalds, Pop and mom restaurant, et al is similar or worse.
    RBD has allowed the sexual harassment practices to go unchecked - until Stuff brought it to public attention.

Why would you refer to culture in other places like MacDonalds etc in response to very specific instances of not only sexual harassment but sexual assaults & even rape at RBD? There is no complaints at MacDonalds which we are aware of of or if there were, MacDonalds have dealt with so the victims did not feel victimized again and victims are not deterred from making complaints.

Shame on you, Blackcap for your insinuations.
    Last edited by Balance; 24-12-2019 at 02:21 PM.