sharetrader
Page 260 of 291 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 2905

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    She'd be much better paid free-lancing in the square.
    Agreed.

Show the pathetic mindset of said individual.
    Last edited by Balance; 24-12-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    RBD has allowed the sexual harassment practices to go unchecked - until Stuff brought it to public attention.

Why would you refer to culture in other places like MacDonalds etc in response to very specific instances of not only sexual harassment but sexual assaults & even rape at RBD? There is no complaints at MacDonalds which we are aware of of or if there were, MacDonalds have dealt with so the victims did not feel victimized again and victims are not deterred from making complaints.

Shame on you, Blackcap for your insinuations.
    I thought he made valid points. Percentage wise against the total number of employees it wouldn't appear to be widespread.

DISCL: Not holding

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I thought he made valid points. Percentage wise against the total number of employees it wouldn't appear to be widespread.

DISCL: Not holding
    The issue (like that of the sexual abuses at the Catholic Church) is not just that the sexual assaults and harassment took place, it is the way that RBD management dealt with it - blaming the victims, promoting & transferring the predators and treating the victims worse than the predators.

How many in the Roman Catholic Church do you think were involved in the abuse cases?

Advanced Member

As predicted :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/118...stores--survey

"Half of all Restaurant Brand workers who responded to a survey said they'd been personally affected or witness to sexual harassment at work."

Guess Russel is too busy with big deals & acquisitions overseas to get involved in trivial matters like sexual harassment in RBD's stores?

Cases going to court will give him and his HR people ongoing reminders in 2020.
    Unfortunately it happens in most if not all organisations. Also loads of women tend to leave their job rather than report sexual harassment, as it can affect their career if they complain.

Guru

The issue (like that of the sexual abuses at the Catholic Church) is not just that the sexual assaults and harassment took place, it is the way that RBD management dealt with it - blaming the victims, promoting & transferring the predators and treating the victims worse than the predators.

How many in the Roman Catholic Church do you think were involved in the abuse cases?
    Agreed. There would appear to be similarities. Percentage wise the the offending rate was low in the Church as well. (not that the general public took much note of that)

Again, looking at the breakdown of the survey (according to the report), the numbers of poorly handled cases can't be high either, albeit 1 is 1 too many.

I am a little nervous of Stuff and Alison Mau. Note the #MeTooNZ is attributed as a "partnership" between Mau and Stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Unfortunately it happens in most if not all organisations. Also loads of women tend to leave their job rather than report sexual harassment, as it can affect their career if they complain.
    All the more reason why big companies like RBD must act properly to set examples and standards for others to follow.

I worked for a company where any staff can complain to HR about any form of harassment and the complaint has to be and is investigated. I have seen action taken (extremely severe) against the perpetrators. Everyone in the company get the message very quickly.

Russell McVeagh is a good case in recent times of perpetrators losing their positions and reputations. Law firm parties are now rather tame.

We live in different times now - which is why it is astounding that RBD still involved itself in cover-ups and further victimization of the abused individuals!
    Last edited by Balance; 24-12-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Guru

RBD has allowed the sexual harassment practices to go unchecked - until Stuff brought it to public attention.

Why would you refer to culture in other places like MacDonalds etc in response to very specific instances of not only sexual harassment but sexual assaults & even rape at RBD? There is no complaints at MacDonalds which we are aware of of or if there were, MacDonalds have dealt with so the victims did not feel victimized again and victims are not deterred from making complaints.

Shame on you, Blackcap for your insinuations.
    I am not insinuating anything. I just feel that RBD for some reason have been targeted by Stuff (maybe they are the worst offender out there/or not or maybe they are the easiest target to bash) Sexual assault/abuse at work should never be tolerated and RBD need to front the issue. All I am saying is that other organisations whoever they may be probably have just as high a rate of said problem and for Stuffed to target RBD is a bit rich. They should be targeting all businesses to clean up their act.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    All I am saying is that other organisations whoever they may be probably have just as high a rate of said problem and for Stuffed to target RBD is a bit rich. They should be targeting all businesses to clean up their act.
    I'm not really sure what you mean by "They should be targeting all businesses to clean up their act." Stuff would have limited resources so I'm not sure they could be expected to conduct an exhaustive search of all major businesses/organisations and publish a comparative analysis so as to not hurt the feelings of one particular entity. That said, if you read their section on #metoo (https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/me-too-nz) you will see that they have done investigations and commentary into RBD, Parliament, NZDF, NZ Cricket, TVNZ, etc. So it's not like they are crusading against only RBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Airw0lf View Post
    I'm not really sure what you mean by "They should be targeting all businesses to clean up their act." Stuff would have limited resources so I'm not sure they could be expected to conduct an exhaustive search of all major businesses/organisations and publish a comparative analysis so as to not hurt the feelings of one particular entity. That said, if you read their section on #metoo (https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/me-too-nz) you will see that they have done investigations and commentary into RBD, Parliament, NZDF, NZ Cricket, TVNZ, etc. So it's not like they are crusading against only RBD.
    Look at that thing go

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Following my March 2019 post, the remaining shares are trading at $9.45 already! I have to admit I am stunned as there has been no real strategic news following on from the closing of the takeover offer at an effective price of $8.89 (my post 2439). Big announcements expected at the upcoming AGM? I am also surprised that RBD is hanging onto its position in the NZX50 now that 75% of the shares are locked up. I am still hanging on to the balance of my shares post the takeover.

Feeling a bit guilty now with my campaign to convince shareholders that the share price would fall substantially post takeover. But I don't retract any of my analysis that lead me to that decision. Maybe it is just a case of the market behaving in mysterious ways over the short term?
    Touching $14 again today and I am floored. With 125.758 million shares on issue, RBD is now a $1,760 billion company. It doesn't seem that long ago that our Russel set himself the goal of creating a $1b company. Now the valuation is nearer to twice that! An interesting twist to this ramp up in share price is that the 25% shares left as free float are now valued at $440m. This should be enough to allow RBD to stay within the NZX50. So much for waiting for the bots to sell down as RBD got tossed out of the NZX50. I don't think it is going to happen!

SNOOPY

discl: still holding my residual RBD
    Last edited by Snoopy; 08-01-2020 at 11:32 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7