sharetrader
Page 33 of 291 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

BLING get it in your head NOTHING is going ON.. [8D]

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by hiawatha

It was interesting that the item on TV1 News last night about obesity and junk food seemed to focus mainly on KFC. I would have thought that McDonald's and Burger King's stuff was junkier than KFC's which, after all, is mainly just chicken and would be no more "junk food" than chicken roasted at home in an oven.
    It seems to be largely a matter of perception.
    hiawatha
    Wonder why they never mention white bread/flour and sugar - probably the two main items contributing to poor eating by volume consumed. Little or no nutritional value in either, except for people who just cannot get enough carbohydrate in their diet. (That's a joke BTW.) There would no doubt be an uproar if focus went on these. Fast food is an easy target. Don't have the nutrtional info in front of me but would not be surprised if KFC chicken is a better bet than Girl Guide biscuits. At least it has a good dose of protein.

.... Pause to check a packet of chocolate GG biscuits - 69% carbs, 20% fat (mmost of it is saturated).

quote:Originally posted by hiawatha

...after all, is mainly just chicken and would be no more "junk food" than chicken roasted at home in an oven.
    It seems to be largely a matter of perception.
    Not really.

The "F" in KFC stands for Fried rather than the roasted or wok sauteed kinds most healthy kiwis eat. I can roast a chicken using no more fat than the chicken itself provides. I can also then remove a lot of the fat remaining. The same cannot be said for KFC's chicken or it customers eating habits. I don't see them becoming Kentucky Poached Chicken any day soon.

Independant research a few years ago showed 16% of calories were from fat in a KFC chicken breast (5% saturated), although at least it provided half the amount of energy as say a MacDonalds Big Mac (also 16% of calories from fat, 6% saturated). Problem is consumers would eat 2 pieces of chicken for each burger consumed so they were left in much the same position. KFC chicken delivered the highest sodium hit of any fast food (matched only by KFC's stable mate, pizza). Those "secret herbs and spices" it seems must contain a fair wack of salt. Sodium itself isn't always the biggest problem though it has been linked to several lifestyle illnesses but of course consumers will wash it down with a fair dose of sugary soft drinks - which turns back into fat unless we run it off.

Artemis New Zealand is a high per capita consumer of breads and flour. I think it's why so many kiwi guys and girls have big guts and bums! There is also more than one fast food company out there that brand names their bread with "bread sounding" names because their products are technically confectionary and they could not otherwise label their product as something even a casual consumer might find acceptable... kind of like wedging those double beef patties between two scoopings of jelly beans.

KFC under pressure in OZ re use of trans fat and palm oils .... they use it in NZ as well .... some would say YUK not YUM but most wouldn't care

But one day public opinion will come home to roost .... like in NZ sales on takeaways going throught he roof but KFC not getting any of that increased 'discretionary' spend (See Lizards charts)

Health Minister a bit pissed off it seems

From SMH the other day
    http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/...548109827.html
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Only people still eating KFC are the trailor trash types who care little about health. They the same people who smoke, beat their kids and drive noisy cars

Advanced Member

Look at the queue if there is one, fat, badly dressed, screaming kids in tow. The only saving grace for restaurant brands is the country is still full of these scum
    (yes i am in a bad mood)

quote:Originally posted by winner69

(See Lizards charts)
    ...they were my charts [sob sob]

quote:Originally posted by Halebop

quote:Originally posted by winner69

(See Lizards charts)
    ...they were my charts [sob sob]
    Sorry doubly sorry Halebop

Good charts though and so pertinent when assessing the future of RBD
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The lower the SP for RBD the more Bling will buy.
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"