sharetrader
Page 50 of 291 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Hiawatha and Ratkin, your replies are perfect examples of Argumentum ad Hominem. Briefly, this is defined as
    "An attempt to prove someone wrong by trying to discredit his person, instead of arguing against his ideas. Generally used by people who disagree with someone but cannot find anything logically wrong with their statements.
    A debater commits the Ad Hominem Fallacy when he introduces irrelevant personal premisses about his opponent, in the hope that such red herrings may successfully distract the opponent or the audience from the topic of the debate."

The topic here is RBD. The posted chart graphically demonstrates that this stock is a long-term destroyer of value. It also clearly shows the current downtrend. Given the fact that it is not hard to find fundamentally and technically sound NZ stocks, I am genuinely puzzled as to why stocks such as TEL and RBD generate such high levels of interest.

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by hiawatha

But they don't actually contribute anything. All they do is pat themselves on the back for not being holders, and jeer at the rest of us for holding. They can hardly be surprised if we jeer right back.
    hiawatha
    First time you have admitted holding this dog HIAWATHA. Nice to see you fronting up after hiding in the closet for all those years. This must be one of the worst investments an Indian could make on the cowboy exchange. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Phaedrus has a good point come on as long as both sides of the coin are discussed then its a balanced thread i mean hiawatha if u want a thread about how great RBD is going to be then do it but as long as people back up there arguments you have no right to complain about other peoples views on the stock. You dont have to hold a stock to have strong views about it and how lame would the thread be if only those with RBD wrote on it im not sure how you could be positive about the share price after Phaedrus graphics.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Advanced Member

well if they are both egging each other on its guna continue so just stick with the facts peoples
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

quote:Originally posted by duncan macgregor

This must be one of the worst investments an Indian could make on the cowboy exchange. Macdunk
    hey mac .... one of your best comments yet ..... made me laugh .... really did mate
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

I too do not disagree with what Phaedrus is saying , its his motivation i question.
    Any five year old can see that RBD has been in a downtrend , is there any need to have it pointed out in such a smug and superior sounding manner?.
    Hardly suprising that holders will be a little antagonised.

I wouldnt object quite so much if he pointed out the buy and sell points in real time, but he often makes his first appearance on a thread once the action is over, usually accompanied by a chart which points out where he would of bought and sold , when he has in reality done neither.

quote:Originally posted by ratkin

I too do not disagree with what Phaedrus is saying , its his motivation i question.
    Any five year old can see that RBD has been in a downtrend , is there any need to have it pointed out in such a smug and superior sounding manner?.
    Hardly suprising that holders will be a little antagonised.

I wouldnt object quite so much if he pointed out the buy and sell points in real time, but he often makes his first appearance on a thread once the action is over, usually accompanied by a chart which points out where he would of bought and sold , when he has in reality done neither.
    YOUR right rat he is yesterdays chart man but not tomorrow's MAN..[8D]

Advanced Member

"I wouldnt object quite so much if he pointed out the buy and sell points in real time"
    Ratkin, I post plenty of charts giving buy or sell signals in real time. For example, [u]just this week</u> I posted a breakout from a trading range 'Buy' signal on NZO - on the actual day of the breakout. How could I possibly do any better than that?

"He often makes his first appearance on a thread once the action is over, usually accompanied by a chart which points out where he would of bought and sold , when he has in reality done neither."
    What I myself do is totally irrelevant. Whether I bought, sold, held or did nothing, the chart would be exactly the same. Did I personally follow the buy and sell signals as shown on the NZO chart? Well, yes I did, actually. Not that it is any of your business.

Ratkin, many of the charts I post are to show the current status of individual stocks and therefore may not feature any recent signals. These generally take the form of :-
    (1) AIR is in a steady uptrend - why would you want to sell? Why not wait until......etc.
    or (2) RBD is in a downtrend - why would you want to buy? Why not wait for......etc.

You must surely realise that it would be a huge job for me to post every buy and every sell signal on every NZX stock! Why would I? Just so some twit like you can question my motivation?

Bricks, if you could give me the name of someone that could post tomorrow's chart, I would be forever in your debt. I should perhaps point out that Ratkin in fact agrees with what I say, he just doesn't like the way I say it. He's a bit sensitive like that.

Wow Phaedrus, you could have saved so much angst by just posting next weeks chart. This is all your fault after all. Years of posting historical trend lines wasted when all it would have taken was a single space-time-continuum hopping post. The logic is compelling after all - who wants to waste time on probability enhancing trend analysis when we can just go straight to the next weeks / months / years price?

Advanced Member

PHAEDRUS, Pay no attention to some of these clowns they are either playing silly buggers or will end up going broke. Its almost as frustrating as trying to teach an eight year old dummy kid the nine times table. I sometimes wonder if they really are as stupid as they pretend, and if they are, how the hell have they got the money to invest in the share market. It really boils down to the fact that it gives me a great deal of confidence having them compete with me in the market. I thought i was pretty lucky being over 100% up in six months, but reading what some of these clowns say, i think luck has nothing to do with it. Keep your charts, and comments coming some of us appreciate them. Macdunk