sharetrader
Page 54 of 291 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

yawn...

These debates have been had before and they will be had again in future. IMO, it all boils down to investment timeframe - long term investors such as snoopy and hiawatha are never going to be in agreement with the "rat pack" of short term speculators and bullsh!tters (macdunk)

I have a feeling that it's the long term investors who will prosper over the long run.
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by Mick100

These debates have been had before and they will be had again in future. IMO, it all boils down to investment timeframe - long term investors such as snoopy and hiawatha are never going to be in agreement with the "rat pack" of short term speculators and bullsh!tters (macdunk)

I have a feeling that it's the long term investors who will prosper over the long run.
    MICK, losing the plot are we?. First of all you have a go at PHAEDRUS on the GPG thread because he dared to say GPG was a TA sell.
    You had a go at me in the past for saying PGW was a sell. We all know that you buy and hold forever and a day, despite which way the market trends. GPG sp dropped from july last year, from $2-52 to $2-06. PGW sp over that period dropped from $2-10 to $1-73. We wont go into the RBD share price over that period. If all you fundamental hold it forever investors without a sell strategy think you are winners far be it from me to say you are wrong. Keep investing mate it makes it easier for us losers. Macdunk

These debates have been had before and they will be had again in future.
    True.

IMO, it all boils down to investment timeframe - long term investors such as snoopy and hiawatha are never going to be in agreement with the "rat pack" of short term speculators and bullsh!tters (macdunk)
    Mick the problem with this view is that there is nothing "short term" about RBD's performance. They have a trend of declining profits and declining share prices. So the time frame question is quite disingenuous - buying a crappy company at a low price is a short term strategy - not a long term one. In the long term the crappy element will defeat the superficially cheap multiple. In the short term you may receive a temporary boost but the price will end up suffering again as the share re-aligns with operational reality.

It's habitual investors who will prosper over the long term. How they invest is up to them. Investing full stop will put you ahead of someone who consumes. But to say a long term investor in RBD will do better just by holding would not get Buffett's agreement - the company fails too many of his tenets - and is also belied by the historical evidence and trends.

The only long term hope for RBD is that the company gets partially taken over by a smarter operator or that by some miracle the existing board and management change their strategies and tactics. Until that happens the menu will be more of the same. But the frustrating thing for all those "long term" holders is that if that day comes, the short term rat pack of speculators and bull$hitters can hop onto the share register as the trend confirms, maximizing the profit opportunity by minimizing the interim opportunity cost.

Went bowling. Asked birthday boy where he would like to take his mates for lunch, P/Hut. No P/Hut to dine in. So KFC was the go. What a dump! Dirty, broken and very greasy food. If I had shares in RBD I would be concerned.[V]

quote:Originally posted by swaying

Went bowling. Asked birthday boy where he would like to take his mates for lunch, P/Hut. No P/Hut to dine in. So KFC was the go. What a dump! Dirty, broken and very greasy food. If I had shares in RBD I would be concerned.[V]
    WE are just bought them a new MOP.. [8D]

Pleeease sell your shares down cos Bling has a buy order waiting at 80 cents
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

quote:Originally posted by Halebop

It's habitual investors who will prosper over the long term. How they invest is up to them. Investing full stop will put you ahead of someone who consumes. But to say a long term investor in RBD will do better just by holding would not get Buffett's agreement - the company fails too many of his tenets - and is also belied by the historical evidence and trends.

Yes, "habitual investor" is a better term than I used
    This includes sticking to your investment principles - not someone elses principles.
    I have noticed that some investors have a far better defined set of investment principles than others. With the exception of someone like phaedrus, who has a very mechanical system, I suspect a lot of short term investors/speculators change their investment principles so often that none of the systems that they employ ever get a chance to work over the long term.
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

Advanced Member

MICK, PHAEDRUS has a system that works well for him you, should pay more attention, you have a lot to learn. Your buy and stick it under the bed system is costing you a lot of investing time, and money. Anyone that buys a share with no idea of how or when to sell under unforeseen circumstances that can crop up even in the best companies is a sitting duck. If trendlines is beyond your comprehension then surely you understand how a trailing stop loss works.
    People that refuse to change and stand still, will fall behind other more open minded people, in any occupation, or walk of life.
    You seem to be stuck in an investment rut, where change is to be frowned upon. Let PHAEDRUS teach you about moving averages, volume, and trendlines, get those dog shares of yours out from under the bed, and flog them off to some dummy averaging down.
    HAVIN A GO AT YOU YOUR OLD MATE Macdunk.

RBD is a boring share...
    Ive never held a boring share in my life...
    whats the point of holding a share in a real tight trading range, when you could just be more boring, but with less risk and put it in the bank account...
    RBD has been around 90cents for 3 months...
    whats coming up for RBD over the next few months?...
    any expected announcements?
    Have alook at AED, its a real cheap stock... fundamentals are sound.... going to be a real big company.... why muck around with boring stocks when you know the likes of MCR, AED are out there...
    [8D]
    .^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though