sharetrader
Page 64 of 291 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

WHS shares traded just over $3 prior to the T/O and then traded as high as $7. The market is not always right, especially the fund managers. Why else whould you only get crap returns from unit trusts and funds?

I would guess there would be a hostile T/O if there was one. There are no major shareholders to block a hostile. Stuff the directors, their only contribution to RBD is destruction of shareholders wealth.
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

Advanced Member

There is just a slight difference between the WHS and RBD its like comparing apples to oranges i just personaly dont belive RB is a buy now as what would happen to the shareprice if this takeover talk/hype melted away. Of the T/O targets currently RBD is ONE of many. Hostile T/O will target companys that are UP and Coming not ones that are on the downward spiral or not until they hit rock bottem and RBD isnt in either of those catogories so how can you expect a T/O ?
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

A new CEO must be close. The right appointment may help the market's view of this beaten up stock.
    Tried a vegetarian cheesy-bites pizza a few nights ago. A long time since I've tried a Pizza Hut pizza and it was delicious.I was pleasantly surprised, and on a cold night was much more appealing than Subway. Why Dominos is so strong in the market place beats me.Their product (which I had consumed previously) was very inferior, even allowing for price.

Hi Rumpy well what you said about product superiority is what will drag RBD shareprice out of the depression but it will only come on the wave of public sway and that could take awhile, but a positive head in the right direction. RBD are getting close to a turnaround and I for one am expecting the sp to regain some of its losses soon.
    I don't bloody believe it

Im new to this forum so no one out there bite my head off.

I have watched views on this site for over six months and decided it was time to register. Anyway, this stock is not a growth stock and is having to spend a lot of its money trying to retain its piece of the pie. I find it hard to see where the growth is. As a defensive stock then perhaps but i dont think its going to grow doing what they are doing.

Short term the only real hope i see is a takeover or NZ opeing up the immirgation laws to let in more Pacific Islanders into NZ, especially with KFC and to a lesser extent Pizza Hut.

quote:Originally posted by Nita

Im new to this forum so no one out there bite my head off.

I have watched views on this site for over six months and decided it was time to register. Anyway, this stock is not a growth stock and is having to spend a lot of its money trying to retain its piece of the pie. I find it hard to see where the growth is. As a defensive stock then perhaps but i dont think its going to grow doing what they are doing.

Short term the only real hope i see is a takeover or NZ opeing up the immirgation laws to let in more Pacific Islanders into NZ, especially with KFC and to a lesser extent Pizza Hut.

Nita none of the things you said is going on or will happen RBD is just an ordinary stock been around a long time and none of the quick fix`s will happen if it would they would have been done a long time ago, T/O also is not a fix the company has to trade out in very competitive biz so you should study a bit more and to get to know the COMPANY.. [8D]

Nita some of your comments about the immigration laws and pacific islanders are foolish listen to yourself and judge yourself appropriately surely you must realise you have issues to make inflammatory comments you are not endearing yourself to anyone except the odd xenophobe.

quote:Originally posted by Scuffer

Nita some of your comments about the immigration laws and pacific islanders are foolish listen to yourself and judge yourself appropriately surely you must realise you have issues to make inflammatory comments you are not endearing yourself to anyone except the odd xenophobe.
    If you have taken anything out of context then my sincerest apology. After reveiwing i can see how yo7u may have jumped to that conclusion. But let me stipulate that was not my intention so please be careful not to assume.

I will try and put things in perspective. I am speaking demographically here so lets break it down somewhat. I do not have any specific numbers and if you can prove otherwise then i am happy to be corrected.

KFC. Large % of KFC buyers are Pacific Islanders and Maoris. Their average wage and afforability makes this a logical choice. Comparing to europeans the P I's spending ratio would on KFC would far outstrip them. Bottom line. More Pacific Islanders would mean more revenue.

Pizza Hut. In a fierce competition with other Pizza company's and they are losing the battle. They now lack a USP. Its a slow death and noone seems to come up with any bright ideas how to counter it apart from maybe giving the stores a makeover.

Starbucks.

Gets a lot of the rich overseas students and profession people. This market is also now flooded but at least they have a USP.

To summarise my previous posting. How on earth do you think they are going to increase the bottom line. The market is shrinking and and RBD seem to lack direction. All is not lost as YUM have had a reasonable financial year so if they can takeover then maybe they can see some areas where it can be improved.

Finally, if i have offended any Pacific Islanders then please accept my apology. Scuffer, do tell me what is inflamatory? If not then please dont be so PC. I hope you are not offended by my comments that rich overseas students and professions make up a large chunck going to Starbucks.

What the toot is this world coming to.

I personally didn't read anything into your comments Nita other than the demographic angle. KFC's sales have historically and demonstrably been driven by a "pacific" demographic out of proportion to their disposable income. Anyone who has seen a fast food focus group or relevant market research data can see this at play. I haven't had "inside" information on this for a while but have wondered if there has been any Asian spin off as well, particularly in Auckland where the Asian demographic is now into double digits.

Hi Nita maybe I jumped the gun nice to know your not a racist.