sharetrader
Page 65 of 291 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Being a RBD shareholder with a minimum holding, I was pleased to get my annual shareholder 'bonus' in terms of a voucher for a KFC toasted wrap.

The first time I used it, the wrap was a complete disaster complete with crusty chicken! However, the girl had given me back the voucher so I felt no guilt in having a 'free' freebie as it tasted past its use-by.

The second time I used my voucher really made up for the previous disappointment. Interestingly, the voucher was again returned to me. Perhaps they felt sorry for me being a RBD shareholder?!

Today, I used it for a third time and this time they kept the voucher. Now I will have to wait to see what bonus I recieve next year...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Advanced Member

They might have to revise there profit forcasts after your visits to KFC steve
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils

Steve is eating away the RBD profit!!! LOL

As for Nito the dildo's question about growth. I would say RBD at 82 cents, the market has already priced in little to no growth for this pup. The company is worth well over $1.00. For a fast food chain to set up and move into NZ, it will be far more cost and time efficient to take out RBD to start from scratch. If a good operator is running RBD there is still potential for growth by introducing new international brands and growing existing brands. As I said previously, the market is not always right. You just have to look at WHS price of around $3 just prior to T/O announcement to see that the market is not always tight.
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

quote:Originally posted by Steve

Being a RBD shareholder with a minimum holding, I was pleased to get my annual shareholder 'bonus' in terms of a voucher for a KFC toasted wrap.

The first time I used it, the wrap was a complete disaster complete with crusty chicken! However, the girl had given me back the voucher so I felt no guilt in having a 'free' freebie as it tasted past its use-by.

The second time I used my voucher really made up for the previous disappointment. Interestingly, the voucher was again returned to me. Perhaps they felt sorry for me being a RBD shareholder?!

Today, I used it for a third time and this time they kept the voucher. Now I will have to wait to see what bonus I receive next year...
    WELL as an overseas owner the Computer share company does not send vouchers or annual reports for there companies clients any more prob if you ask they may but it only happen of LATE.. [8D]

I've said it before gotta be worth the sp they are currently at, Burgerfuel are supposedly worth a dollar and someone is buying them HaHa!
    I don't bloody believe it

At this rate i would suspect a strong possibility that Yum will make another play for RBD, especially if there are some bad results on the horizon. Within another 6 months especially if the share price hits around 70 cents.

quote:Originally posted by Nita

At this rate i would suspect a strong possibility that Yum will make another play for RBD, especially if there are some bad results on the horizon. Within another 6 months especially if the share price hits around 70 cents.
    When did Yum make a play for RBD?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Yum don't need to make a play. All they need to do is not renew the franchise licenses.

On the doghouse

quote:Originally posted by Onthemoney

Yum don't need to make a play. All they need to do is not renew the franchise licenses.
    Even if RBD made no profit YUM would still be raking in the cash. Because they are paid via a percentage of RBD store turnover. YUM will never make a play for RBD. Why should they? The existing situation is the ideal position for YUM. They are using other people's capital (RBD shareholders) to generate their own profits, regardless of the profitability of that other people's business! The old 'something from nothing' trick. It is a pretty attractive business model.

Incidently for those wanting to find out more about 'YUM Brands Inc.', the restaurant franchise company listed on the New York Stock Exchange, I have just given them a going over on the 'Focus Investment Group' on 'that other channel'.

SNOOPY

Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Guru

quote:Originally posted by Steve

quote:Originally posted by Nita

When did Yum make a play for RBD?
    Must be just about time for King Win Laurel to have anothjer go for RBD. Or Telstra. Or Pike River.......