sharetrader
Page 68 of 291 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast

Me too, on buying more at 80 cents was what I meant
    I don't bloody believe it

Banned

A small lift in SP on lower volume than the downwards fall.

Beware[8]

UB

quote:Originally posted by Uniboy

A small lift in SP on lower volume than the downwards fall.

Beware[8]

UB
    Another 5 cent fall towards Quarterly Announcement I say.

Well, I was right about the share price drop, so my earlier forecast of 75 cents is coming true.

On the doghouse

14th September 2007

DIRECTOR: RBD: RESTAURANT BRANDS APPOINTS NEW CEO

Restaurant Brands New Zealand Limited has appointed Russel Creedy as its new
    chief executive. He has been acting CEO since the departure of Vicki Salmon
    in February.

Chairman Ted van Arkel announced today following an extensive global search process that Mr Creedy has been appointed CEO of Restaurant Brands. Mr Creedy was selected ahead of a number of highly qualified candidates.

"This appointment is very important for the group. We have been through a thorough process starting from a re-evaluation of group priorities and culminating in a choice of the style of leadership and experience we need to achieve a substantial improvement in performance," he said.

"During the past six months the group has undergone a full review of its operations and structure -- a process Russel has been intimately involved with -- and we expect this to be reflected in better trading results over the short to medium term.

"Russel's leadership as acting chief executive over the past six months demonstrated to us he was the right person to lead Restaurant Brands through its next phase of performance improvement and expected earnings growth. His proven ability to work with stakeholders, including key suppliers and our franchisors to secure benefits for the group, negotiate improved supply-chain relationships and reduce costs also counted heavily in his favour."

South Afrian-born Mr Creedy, 48, joined Restaurant Brands in 2001 as a supply-chain director. Later, as director of business development and supply chain, he led the group through a major expansion which included the opening of 27 new Pizza Hut, 14 new Starbucks Coffee and four new KFC outlets.

Mr Creedy, who holds a bachelor of science (chemistry) and a master of business administration from the University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, has led Restaurant Brands cost-reduction campaign during his six-and-a-half years with the group. His achievements included:
    - restructuring the supply chain by setting up a contract warehouse and distribution service for all frozen, chilled and dry goods;
    - negotiating various supply contracts, including a seven-year chicken supply agreement worth $280 million, generating savings for KFC in the first year alone of $7.2 million;
    - managing Pizza Hut from 2003-2005, achieving good results in an intensely competitive market; and
    - the recent restructuring Restaurant Brands' support centre, resulting in savings of $1.2 million.

--------

I am disappointed. The chance to introduce some new blood from outside has been lost. I remember an allegation from the AGM that Creedy was also responsioble for the decline of Pizza Hut in NZ from 2005 to 2007. If true I can see why Creedy hasn't included that amongst his lists of achievements.

Next step for me with this investment is to wait for the next set of sales figures to be released.

SNOOPY

discl: hold RBD
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Advanced Member

Talking

SNOOPY, Look on the brightside what a great chance to carry on averaging down. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post

I am disappointed. The chance to introduce some new blood from outside has been lost. I remember an allegation from the AGM that Creedy was also responsioble for the decline of Pizza Hut in NZ from 2005 to 2007. If true I can see why Creedy hasn't included that amongst his lists of achievements.

Next step for me with this investment is to wait for the next set of sales figures to be released.

SNOOPY

discl: hold RBD
    I bet you are disapoointed Snoopy .... agree with you this is an opportunity lost

So the guys who have been around the executuve table learning the tricks of the trade from Vicki remain to carrt on the tradition eh

Not many supply chain experts who can negotiate fantastic deals have the charisma to lead from the front and drive great service from those who serve the customers.

Never mind .... maybe they think the current performance is good enough

And I'm afraid the new KFC advertising is enough to drive me away from the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I bet you are disapoointed Snoopy .... agree with you this is an opportunity lost

So the guys who have been around the executuve table learning the tricks of the trade from Vicki remain to carrt on the tradition eh

Not many supply chain experts who can negotiate fantastic deals have the charisma to lead from the front and drive great service from those who serve the customers.

Never mind .... maybe they think the current performance is good enough
    Old boys network - what a great yawn - when will these guys put some of their own money on the line. Next quarterly will be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    And I'm afraid the new KFC advertising is enough to drive me away from the stores.

Tell me about it next they will be using an old mutt to promote their pizzas.....