sharetrader
Page 69 of 291 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Blimey Grimy

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    And I'm afraid the new KFC advertising is enough to drive me away from the stores.
    WITH a name like yours hope not to meet you @ KFC..

It's okay, I'm really very presentable. But don't worry, chances are slim - I only go to KFC maybe twice a year now that the young fella's taste has turned to pizza.

Very dissapointing announcement, but then who would want to be a CEO of a company that will be sold at any day at the right price. I also agree with the advertisements. Maybe they should get a new advertising person for RBD. I will reveiw my RBD holding, may sell it down. What a joke :mad:
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Default Herald reports turnaround in Q2

Restaurant Brands have reported second quarter sales across its three New Zealand businesses up 5.8 per cent to $93.6 million, with same store sales up 5 per cent.

• Sales at KFC were up $6.3m in the second quarter to $60.7m. On a same store basis KFC sales were up 9.3 per cent for the quarter.

• Sales at Pizza Hut New Zealand during the second quarter were $23.1m, with same store sales declining 4%. A substantial improvement on the 8% decline in same store sales in the first quarter of the year.

• Starbucks Coffee delivered the 15th consecutive quarter of sales growth, increasing to $9.9m, with same store growth of 2.8 per cent.

NZ Herald - Restaurant Brands turns things around in Q2

Thumbs up Mr Chips

Mr Chips would like to thank Mr KFC for the Total Store Sales increase of 11.7%..

Sales up slightly but no announcement about profits which in my opion will have fallen further otherwise they would be trumpeting the fact of a profit increase
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Sales up slightly but no announcement about profits which in my opion will have fallen further otherwise they would be trumpeting the fact of a profit increase
    They were never going to say anything about profits in a quarterly trading statement - that will come relatively soon in their interim results.

The market seems to view the result positively, up 2 cents today. Wonder if they can sustain the growth pattern or is it just a one off.

Pick the positives - don't worry about the negatives

Quote Originally Posted by Onthemoney View Post
    Pick the positives - don't worry about the negatives
    I am more of a med-long term investor, so I usually buy undervalued stocks with potential for future growth. I do have some RBD that I got above 90 cents. The current board and management hasnt given me confidence to accummulate more shares. RBD will eventually need a leader with vision and leadership to grow RBD after it restructures.