sharetrader
Page 72 of 291 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

I would think that RBD is fairly priced at the moment after dropping about half its share value in the last three years. Their biggest mistake was selling their outlets then leasing them back followed by spending a million bucks a store doing up the land lords premises.
    The other mistakes were getting into markets when they have no expertease in not only in the field but in the country. The sp rocketed up from $1-25 to $1-65 in one month which showed the complete lack of business understanding by the shareholders.
    I remember arguing with SNOOPY at the time with me saying this dog has sold its kennel to go on an overseas holiday. I would think that if they got back to basics, and stick to their knitting they might just survive. I do notice their adverts aimed at the younger generation which is a step in the right direction, but still doubt that they are capable of making rational business decisions with todays management. Macdunk

Cool RBD the BARGAIN

THANKS Mc Duck for agreeing that RBD is a current bargain but the rest of your story we have heard many times and boring just buy at current PRICES..

Advanced Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    THANKS Mc Duck for agreeing that RBD is a current bargain but the rest of your story we have heard many times and boring just buy at current PRICES..
    There you go again BRICKS taking it all to personal like i had insulted your cross eyed handicapped offspring by saying they are nearly as good looking as their father. I never ever said RBD was ever a bargain. I would never buy into such a company with so little practical know how as this. I said it was fairly priced for what it is which is not very high for whatever way you look at it. Learn to be more objective its only a stupid company whose sp is in sharp decline not something to get yourself all steamed up about. Macdunk

Cool RBD the BARGAIN

SO if you don't like other peoples comments stop you repetitive story to Shareholders that are in at Bargain current prices,
    we all know your only a "Full Time Trader in AU." lucky for us now trading in NEW ZEALAND..

Bought some of these in the late 1990's at about 80 to 90 cps. After a decade, the sp is 87 cents. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Have traded in & out a couple of times over the years as the sp roared to it's high of about 165cps, but on medium-term history it's hardly a buy. . .
    Where are the Customers yachts ?

Smile Bugger Me

Quote Originally Posted by rtaylor View Post
    Bought some of these in the late 1990's at about 80 to 90 cps. After a decade, the sp is 87 cents. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Have traded in & out a couple of times over the years as the sp roared to it's high of about 165cps, but on medium-term history it's hardly a buy. . .
    YOUR had a decade of dividends and a trade or two wot else do you WANT..

Cool hmmmmmmmmm

I too got into rbd in the 90s,and was happy with dividends and increasing sp.Then they announced they were selling there real estate and leasing back i thought thats pretty dumb so i got out when sp was north of $2.00.Its been down hill ever since.But you can make $s on regular short term sp increases

Quote Originally Posted by hiawatha View Post
    "Sale & lease back" has been a textbook method of financing ever since I can remember, so it's hardly 'dumb'. The reason for the decline in the share price is not that, but rather the lack of success of their foray into Australia, coupled with strong competition in the local pizza market.
    hiawatha
    The question is not the method of financing but the timing. Given their performance over the period in question, the property portfolio would have been the most profitable business in the mix. Shareholders might not have enjoyed the same levels of dividends in the interim but we've seen the direction dividends went in the end.

Don't short change them on their lack of success though, Australia and Pizza have not been the only contributors. Coffee, Chicken, Capital Management, CEOs, The Board, Strategy and Operational Pedigree should also take their bows.

Share Collector

Don't short change them on their lack of success though, Australia and Pizza have not been the only contributors. Coffee, Chicken, Capital Management, CEOs, The Board, Strategy and Operational Pedigree should also take their bows.

Mind you, last time I was in at KFC, they compensated for the coffee factor by giving me Instant and explaining that nobody could get the coffee machine to work...

Share Collector

Actually, as a family-sized consumer of RBD products, I'd say they've upped their game a little in recent months. However, I still think they've got a short straw in terms of cost inputs and consumer demand at this point in time. Not to mention further capex demands and (I think from memory) more franchises still to renew.

(Sorry, can't get the annual report to download at present to check that.)