sharetrader
Page 85 of 291 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

When i moved to this country there was KFC ,Mcdonalds , burger king and pizza hut. In that environment RBD didnt exactly set the world alight.

Now there are indian and thai takeaways , subway , countless different pizza joints , kebab shops , chinese and coffee shops all over the place.

Add to that the general negative sentiment towards fatty foods, the backlash against chickens being kept in terrible conditions and the countless reality tv shows that rubbish fast food and it hard to see much future for this company

Smile Another Non Buyer..

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    When i moved to this country there was KFC ,Mcdonalds , burger king and pizza hut. In that environment RBD didnt exactly set the world alight.

Now there are indian and thai takeaways , subway , countless different pizza joints , kebab shops , chinese and coffee shops all over the place.

Add to that the general negative sentiment towards fatty foods, the backlash against chickens being kept in terrible conditions and the countless reality tv shows that rubbish fast food and it hard to see much future for this company
    THANKS for telling all of us your another non buyer we have been waiting for this vital information so now RBD can move ahead without with a clear mind without the worry of
    "THE RATKIN"

Default RBD found a bottom?

Looks like RBD has found its bottom.........and top

Do not forget the pulling power of KFC as the reality of a slowing economy begins to kick in. As the opportunity cost of dining at the next tier restaurant/takeaway begins to weigh more heavily, KFC will loom large for many as a viable alternative.

The same goes for Pizza Hut, and lets not forget the rugby season has kicked into action. Last year there was a bit of a "turn-off" attitude from the rugby public because the top players were out of the game. This year a good number of the stars are already in the game, so expect the viewer numbers to climb again. And with it, the orders will come rolling in. Providing Pizza Hut can maintain their market share, then they should experience increased year on year sales without needing to significantly compromise margin.

Starbucks, I perceive coffee appreciation locally to be very much at a personal level. The places that make good coffee get to be known, for their coffee, their ambience, or both. This is why they get frequented by the locals. Of course, it is a bit more pot luck when you are "roaming". I like to explore New Zealand and speaking from personal experience, I can assure you that we have stopped for a cuppa at some terrible establishments whilst on our travels. I can also tell you that there is a primo barista operating out of Oamaru, although I have no idea what the name of the cafe is. For the roamer, Starbucks & the likes offer a safe bet. They have therefore established their place within the New Zealand coffee culture.

To my way of thinking the outlook for the group looks somewhat brighter than many of you have been suggesting.

witty. where do you see their growth stratergy.

I must confess, was went into an overseas pizza folunch. nice ambience, menu and a lunch menue (personal pizza, bread and pepsi) for less than $NZ3.50 equvilant. not a lot of margin in it though. maybe they can also make pizzas without cheese (sky rocketing dairy products) to boost their margin.

Pizza franchises are cut throat and thats how its gonna stay for awhile but the big boys will move back in eventually watch and see even corner dairies are being squeezed out in Britain by supermarket chains opening smaller shops in direct competition in the suburbs it all goes around.
    I don't bloody believe it

Advanced Member

Best pizza i ever had was from an asda supermarket in cornwall last year.
    They have a pizza counter and they make them to order from around twelve potential ingredients , a large one with massive amounts of toppings only cost three pounds fifty (around ten dollars).
    Puts the sad efforts of our supermarkets into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Best pizza i ever had was from an asda supermarket in cornwall last year.
    Which parts of Cornwall were you in Ratkin .... spend a bit of time over their with wife's rellies .... great place

Default Oamaru Coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by E C K Witty View Post
    .............. I can also tell you that there is a primo barista operating out of Oamaru, although I have no idea what the name of the cafe is........

To my way of thinking the outlook for the group looks somewhat brighter than many of you have been suggesting.

It is called Steam. Heading south, go sraight ahead at the end of the main street, on the left just before entering the 'old quarter.'

Default No more baristas

Quote Originally Posted by E C K Witty View Post
    For the roamer, Starbucks & the likes offer a safe bet. They have therefore established their place within the New Zealand coffee culture.
    In the US Starbucks are starting to introduce fully automated coffee machines that eliminate the need for a skilled barista. Following that trend would be a real mistake for Starbucks in New Zealand.