sharetrader
Page 93 of 292 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
    On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterybox View Post
    I've already left the company, I am merely describing the nice working conditions and layout of the office which anyone can view but if they want to send me overseas I'd be keen.
    You first posted on this thread at 2:35pm as a call centre worker and four hours later you have already been sacked? I guess there aren't too many employees at the PH Call Centre wasting time on the internet then !? ;-P

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

On the doghouse

I am unaware if the setup is "new" but I can describe the floor plan to you, we even have a section about it on the intranet.
    RBD moved their new HQ during FY2006-2007. The date of September 2006 sticks in my memory from something said at the last AGM. But that memory may be faulty.

You're correct, the floor plan is open and all managers/workers/team leaders work near each other, the offices (higher staff) are close also (same floor), the office circles around a centrepoint (lifts in the middle) with various teams located on either the north/south/east side (west = break room) oh and one small training area on the west.

Work conditions/atmosphere are excellent and the management/higher staff are always friendly, everyone knows everyone by name.
    I am imagining some kind of palace from your description Mysterybox, with glass elevators reaching for the stars! They have a separate wing for each of KFC, Pizza Hut and Starbucks? Perhaps that explains why their General and Administrative expenses dropped only $0.1m (around 1&#37 when the move was made to the new 'low cost site'.

One question: Approximately how many "higher staff" (as you put it) are there at HQ? Do they all have secretarial support?

I did a study on the callcentre operation as part of my management paper so I know a lot about the systems/efficiencies etc, I can imagine it would work very efficiently; the systems are well in place and the user interface is easy to adapt/work with.
    Mysterybox, do I detect you may be just slightly overqualified to be a 'career call centre person'? Perhaps you have some opinion on how well the office layout works for cross fertilization of ideas between the three company divisions? Does it actually work having three what some may see as reasonably disparate businesses (KFC, PH and SB) under the single 'RBD umbrella'?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 01-05-2008 at 07:09 PM.

mysterybox would you like the Egyptian rates of pay
    Possum The Cat

Talking Mysterybox..

THINK Mr Mysterybox has had a burnout or his BOSS has got to HIM..

There is no secret receipe, all pizzas are constructed in store, with the exception of the bases. The only mystery is what is included in the seafood swirl.. >.>''
    This is a very common thing with RBD. There have been several instances in the past where the "tossed salal" (coleslaw) has contained the additive ingrediant in your mayo to give it some extra spice. So what you are alluding to is very common. in fact testing done at peppermints inside the VIP room at SKC showed
    similar traces and have since have wrapping over them

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by utopian201 View Post
    Shares claim granted leave (from the age)
    Leonie Wood
    May 8, 2008

A MELBOURNE businessman, who secretly planned to buy more than 20% of the company that owns the Pizza Hut, KFC and Starbucks fast-food chains in New Zealand, has won an early round in his bid to retrieve shares from failed broker Opes Prime.

Phisci is part of Mr Higgon's Southern Restaurants group, which in recent years ran some Pizza Hut and KFC outlets in Australia and which last year asked Opes to help it buy 23.5 million shares in Restaurant Brands NZ.

Between September 6 and January 21, three stockbrokers acting for Phisci accumulated 1.23 million RBNZ shares, or about 1.3%, in 44 on-market transactions. The shares ended up with Green Frog Nominees.

-------------
    20% stake means he has faith in RBD...
    I'm guessing once RBD goes ex dividend, it will fall through the 80c support...

disc:hold RBD
    Hi utopian, can you further explain your logic?

You have just told us that this private company Phisci has 1.3% of RBD shares and wishes to acquire 23.5% of the company. Phisci will have to make a partial takeover bid to do that. Yet you still expect the RBD share price to fall???? What have I missed?

SNOOPY

discl: hold RBD

On the doghouse

An interesting change in tone I detect from reading the RBD annual report today.

From the Chairmans report on page 9:

"the company's ability (is) to leverage off good brands- the essence of what Restaurant Brands is about - and confirms that the group is first and foremost a brand manager *not restricted or inhibited by its current brand portfolio.*" (my emphasis)

Later on page 9

"Directors will continue to review Pizza Hut's future and take whatever steps necessary to protect future *group* growth and profitability." (my emphasis)

Then on page 10

"*Directors and management will be redoubling their efforts to ensure it (Pizza Hut) ceases to be a drain on the group*. The directors will not shy away from making firm decisions over Pizza Hut in the interests of overall group profitability." (Chairman's emphasis)

Now we move on to page 13 and the CEO's report

"The bulk of Pizza hut stores come up for renewal in 2010and we are working with YUM restaurants international (the Pizza Hut and KFC franchisor) on renewal terms for the franchises on these stores."

Perhaps I am drawing a long bow here....

But reading between the lines I would suggest the 'corporate pizza cutter' has been taken out of Chairman Van Arkel's desk. And the blade is being sharpened for an FY2010 deadline!

Also in late paging news (page 64) former CEO Vicky Salmon has sold all of her shares in the company, at a significant loss.....

SNOOPY

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    An interesting change in tone I detect from reading the RBD annual report today.

Also in late paging news (page 64) former CEO Vicky Salmon has sold all of her shares in the company, at a significant loss.....

SNOOPY

VICKY did not sell her shares at a significant loss. SHE GOT THEM FOR NOTHING FROM YOU MUGS. Look at all those dividends along the way all extra payment on top of a massive salary for running the company into the ground. If she had a significant loss what have the mug investors still in got?. Macdunk

Exclamation Have A Happy Day..

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    VICKY did not sell her shares at a significant loss. SHE GOT THEM FOR NOTHING FROM YOU MUGS. Look at all those dividends along the way all extra payment on top of a massive salary for running the company into the ground. If she had a significant loss what have the mug investors still in got?. Macdunk

WISH you a happy day Mc Duck and now GO back to WORK for a CHANGE..

Snoopy, could RBD just be upping the ante to secure more favourable franchise terms for pizza hutt when it comes time to renew the agreement in 2010?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.