sharetrader
Page 99 of 291 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Went in to the South Dunedin KFC, an upgraded store, to cash in my annual shareholder freebie and was greeted by their newly acquired "D" rating issued by the DCC on 29 May 2008.

The only positive that I can tske from this is that it must be a good 'D', otherwise they would have been closed down to clean up their act...
    Pleased to report that KFC South Dunedin has been promoted to a 'C' rating by the DCC...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Pleased to report that KFC South Dunedin has been promoted to a 'C' rating by the DCC...
    That would still worry me. Last time I was in an Auckland one it had a "B", and the tables were so dirty we decided it would be preferable to eat in the car!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I have a bone to pick with you Bricks (or should that be a stone?)

WILL YOU PLEASE QUIT BUYING RBD SHARES!

I am waiting for the price to go lower into my buy zone, willing it down, down, down and it never does get there. So just quit buying will you!

Funnily enough for all the flack we have taken over the years Bricks, over the last two years RBD shareholders have done quite well as the rest of the retail market has melted down around them. Who would have thought two years ago that RBD would turn into the best (NZX) retail investment of all!

Well two years ago I knew that it would turn out like that eventually, but I didn't know when and I didn't expect it to be 'number one' so soon. It is nice to be enjoying the payoff from all of those (now) increasing dividends at long last!

I went into my 'local' last week to cash in my shareholder freebie burger voucher. I thought I would try some 'wicked wings' as a side but was told they had sold out! Looking around there didn't seem to be a shortage of customers although come Sunday night there was no free newspaper to read (do KFC still have those?). The menu seems to have got simpler since the last time I went to KFC. There is no sign of the "twisters", for example, and there was only one kind of chicken on offer (I see that RBD have reintroduced the option of bonesless fillets this week). All good news in terms of streamlining the ship. Was it my imagination or were they turning the customers around faster?

But in more bad news for my buying program, RBD was up another 2c today. Arrrgh!

SNOOPY

discl: hold RBD
    It looks like you have your wish Snoopy.

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    DOUBT the price will go below .83 cents that's my bench mark if it does Great BUY,,
    There you go BRICKS, in just two weeks its gone down to $0.74 yesterday.

Maybe punters listening to Tony Alexander and some comments he made about the take aways sector last week

http://www.bnz.co.nz/binaries/w100708.pdf

Comments like

Sales in the March quarter were down a very large 9% from a year earlier .... and .... Our analysis suggests takeaway sales may have seen their worst cyclical rate of decline already and activity could now flatten out at best ........ Good growth as such is unlikely before early 2010

Just for whats it worth

Question Where Have You Been 69..

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe punters listening to Tony Alexander and some comments he made about the take aways sector last week

http://www.bnz.co.nz/binaries/w100708.pdf

Comments like

Sales in the March quarter were down a very large 9% from a year earlier .... and .... Our analysis suggests takeaway sales may have seen their worst cyclical rate of decline already and activity could now flatten out at best ........ Good growth as such is unlikely before early 2010

Just for whats it worth
    WE have not heard you moaning for sometime and yet you have not stopped eating your KFC.

Well it was a good try with lots of pagers about cafes & take a ways but its was just a general state of the whole nation eating habits and guess what not one word direct about RBD trying to tie by suggestion but it DID not work, share price fell yesterday as there is NO buyers for any stock and NSX turnover is at a low ebb, again a good moan but we knew that ANYWAY..

Advanced Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    WE have not heard you moaning for sometime and yet you have not stopped eating your KFC.

Well it was a good try with lots of pagers about cafes & take a ways but its was just a general state of the whole nation eating habits and guess what not one word direct about RBD trying to tie by suggestion but it DID not work, share price fell yesterday as there is NO buyers for any stock and NSX turnover is at a low ebb, again a good moan but we knew that ANYWAY..
    So when do you think they will go under then BRICKS. Macdunk

Thumbs down Mc DUCK QUACK ..

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    So when do you think they will go under then BRICKS. Macdunk
    Explain what your on about,, Quack, Quack..

Advanced Member

Yum brands (im a holder) Came out with a very good result today , they are the owners of KFC taco bell and pizza hut and a few other high profile brands. They are achieving massive growth in china.

There was one dark cloud in their result

"Meanwhile, operating profit in the U.S. fell by 12 percent to $168 million, which the company blamed mainly on commodity inflation along with weak sales and profit results at KFC."

Looks like its not just here that KFC is under pressure
    Last edited by ratkin; 17-07-2008 at 09:47 AM.

Advanced Member

Thumbs up

Sorry BRICKS if i am getting to far in front of you to keep up. I only asked you a simple question so perhaps i will break it down to make it easier to follow.
    1, Three years to the day RBD was $1-60.
    2, Two years to the day RBD was $1-22.
    3, One year to the day RBD was 80c.
    4, yesterday at close RBD was 74c.
    Surely even you can work it out what the next question might be from that.
    Your old mate Macdunk having some fun with you thick one.