sharetrader
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: USD.JPY

Good stuff Arco,me just pissed didn't go with last nights thought and set a buy at 164.29 as those 2 candles on the hourly said U turn time,then got on late today due to my sore you know what hehe,but still in at 165.25,stop at 165.40 now,see if can stay in for 166.33(eur/jpy hourly target),both are looking ok for a good hourly close so should be ok for next target.

Edit Hmm the brakes are coming on.

Cheers
    Miner

usd/jpy having a battle at the first target,this is the key to the move for these 2,if through ok then second target will be hit.

Cheers
    miner

Hi again Arco,ok talking eur/jpy,looking for the big U on the hourly,see how at the moment we are doing a small U,the bottom of this was an entry as was the bottom of the last red hourly,keeping in mind the big target.

So as entry points they save a few pips,if this small U now breaks higher we are on the way to the big targets,also note how we are getting close to the close of the hour,so if we close this hour above the 5-15min small U we are looking good,if we go below the bottom of this small U we are in trouble,so stop is now moved up to 165.45 and if hour closes ok will move up again as top of this U will then be the supp number or there abouts,through as I type BUT need to close the hour ok hope this is of some help.

Cheers
    Miner

Stop now 165.70 so just below the top of that last small U.

Cheers
    Miner

See how it broke below the top of that last small U and went south,so the break of it was the short signal.

Cheers
    miner

Hi Miner

Ahh....missed the action - went shopping and
    left the final position open to do whatever
    it pleased.

.....came back to find my stop got hit on
    that final position....but fortunately no loss,
    and very good profits from the other 4 lots.

......onwards and upwards, looking for the next opp.

regards - arco

Good stuff Arco,I grabbed a few pips out of it but not as much as I should have,but then will be a few weeks before running on all cylinders again so a win is better than a loss,was a good example of a U trade though.

Cheers
    Miner

quote:Originally posted by miner

Well it went north 100+ pips so far,should have set that buy up last night,but did go long at 165.25 and have a break even stop on so will see how we go,looking for 165.62 first target on the hourly,bigger picture 166.90 on the daily,see it's same way mate usd/jpy gone north also,123.18 first target hourly,124.11 daily.

Cheers
    Miner
    Well I see on friday eur/jpy hit(or there abouts) my big U target of 166.90,so a good example of U's working there way up towards the bigger U target,so with the bigger U targets in mind you can enter on the pull backs on the smaller U's.

The catch being that usd/jpy turned to follow usd/chf and eur/jpy followed eur/usd,but now and then they do this,then they will change back to the norm.

Eur/jpy as usual a great pair to play.

Cheers
    miner

any thoughts............. on possible long usd / jpy key support at 1.1720

also i would appreciate any thoughts on why metastock charts this pair the wrong way eg jpy / usd when its usd / jpy , always think im going to trade it the wrong way
    Last edited by dumbass; 14-08-2007 at 09:58 PM.

have acted on failed pattern and break of key support as bearish sign short in progress will add at break of 11555 , tight stop 11590 target 11450